Are Nortech's vacuum bagged? >

Are Nortech's vacuum bagged?

Notices

Are Nortech's vacuum bagged?

Old 07-20-2010, 05:38 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fordsofflease
Bagging is government mandated not boat builder mandated it does not build a better boat do some home work!!!!
So government can tell a boatbuilder how to lay up a boat?? Is that right Terry?
Old 07-14-2011, 07:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Snakebite A-82
The only way to squeeze out too much resin is to pull too much vaccum. 19-21 inches of vaccum is all thats needed to get out the maximum "excess" resin and have a professionaly finished product. Hustler has been vaccum bagging since the 80's, and many other companies (Outerlimits, Well craft, Activator) have been doing it since the 90's. Don't confuse Heavy with Strong...Strong is keeping the proper resin to cloth ratio, which will produce the most efficient part for its weight.....heavy is just that...HEAVY. All the excess resin does not make a stronger part...just the opposite, it becomes heavy and brittle...ever drop a chunk of resin? it shatters like glass . The important part is that you need trained personnel and the proper equipment to make the product. The old "bucket and roller" way of building boats is still around, but builders who employ that way of manufacture have boats that are consistently 1500-2500 lbs overweight as a result. Sure they ride great in the rough...ever been on a cruise ship?? Same thing. The down side is that it takes a ton of power to get over the 100 mph mark and they burn a ton of fuel trying to do it. A well balanced and constructed boat will do it faster, more fuel efficient, and will ride just as good. Take an Outerlimits 42...rigged with staggered 1075 mercs, will weigh in around 1050 lbs, and run an easy 120-125...a 43 Nortech with similar rig will weigh 1250-1400 lbs and barely break 105. Which would you rather have??
It all boils down to if the Manufacturer is willing to pony-up and purchase the proper equipment and hire the properly trained personnel to build a superior product. Outerlimits did it...theres nothing stopping everyone else!
Oh yes...as for never having a structural failure or de-lamination....what about Ballastic??
Doesn't that one count??
Old 07-14-2011, 08:22 PM
Registered

Old 07-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by marylandmark
How did U get over here from the Freak U Freak!!
Old 07-14-2011, 08:46 PM
Registered

The only way to squeeze out too much resin is to pull too much vaccum. 19-21 inches of vaccum is all thats needed to get out the maximum "excess" resin and have a professionaly finished product. Hustler has been vaccum bagging since the 80's, and many other companies (Outerlimits, Well craft, Activator) have been doing it since the 90's. Don't confuse Heavy with Strong...Strong is keeping the proper resin to cloth ratio, which will produce the most efficient part for its weight.....heavy is just that...HEAVY. All the excess resin does not make a stronger part...just the opposite, it becomes heavy and brittle...ever drop a chunk of resin? it shatters like glass . The important part is that you need trained personnel and the proper equipment to make the product. The old "bucket and roller" way of building boats is still around, but builders who employ that way of manufacture have boats that are consistently 1500-2500 lbs overweight as a result. Sure they ride great in the rough...ever been on a cruise ship?? Same thing. The down side is that it takes a ton of power to get over the 100 mph mark and they burn a ton of fuel trying to do it. A well balanced and constructed boat will do it faster, more fuel efficient, and will ride just as good. Take an Outerlimits 42...rigged with staggered 1075 mercs, will weigh in around 10,500 lbs, and run an easy 120-125...a 43 Nortech with similar rig will weigh 12,500-14,000 lbs and barely break 105. Which would you rather have??
It all boils down to if the Manufacturer is willing to pony-up and purchase the proper equipment and hire the properly trained personnel to build a superior product. Outerlimits did it...theres nothing stopping everyone else!
Oh yes...as for never having a structural failure or de-lamination....what about Ballastic??
Doesn't that one count??
Do U have an OL???? Have U ever had an NT???? They may not B the fastest thing around but the overall package is hard 2 beat!!! I had 4 Formula offshores B4 my NT & they where very nice w/ a combination of amenities & performance But my NT up'd the ante!! Me Likey!!! Good luck w/ your choice!
Old 07-14-2011, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have to own an Outerlimits or Nortec to be able to share what I know....and after spending 4 years at Hustler, 12 years at Outerlimits, and another 4 years at Nortech...I'd be willing to bet I know a fair amount more about these boats than you! And I didn't even have to buy one!! Go Figure!
Oh, by the way....if you have a 2007 43 Nortech...I rigged it. I personally rigged all their 43's and 50's from 2005 to 2009. Enjoy!
SNAKEBITE......I WOULD LIKE TO DRINK A COLD ONE WITH YOU AND HEAR SOME STORIES.....
Old 07-14-2011, 10:07 PM
Banned

I don't have to own an Outerlimits or Nortec to be able to share what I know....and after spending 4 years at Hustler, 12 years at Outerlimits, and another 4 years at Nortech...I'd be willing to bet I know a fair amount more about these boats than you! And I didn't even have to buy one!! Go Figure!
Oh, by the way....if you have a 2007 43 Nortech...I rigged it. I personally rigged all their 43's and 50's from 2005 to 2009. Enjoy!
Well wrinkleface how does it feel to get the big smackdown? Didn't see it coming did you?
Old 07-15-2011, 08:45 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well it's your story BUT i can tell you my Nor-Tech was just completed last month and my rigging on the boat is second to none even Peter from skater took a look at the boat at skaterfest and was impressed with the workmanship and that say's alot . During the building process i visited nortech many times and never saw vans and trailers in the parking lot.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
Well wrinkleface how does it feel to get the big smackdown? Didn't see it coming did you?
No smackdown, I made a simple comment about me like'n my boat! How do ya get a smack from that???? & after C'n an above post this am, the term disgruntled "terminated" employee sets it all straight!!
Old 07-15-2011, 08:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
No smackdown, I made a simple comment about me like'n my boat! How do ya get a smack from that???? & after C'n an above post this am, the term disgruntled "terminated" employee sets it all straight!!

Quick Reply: Are Nortech's vacuum bagged?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.