Nordic Trailers >

Nordic Trailers

Notices

Nordic Trailers

Old 06-16-2005, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nordic Trailers

Any of you guys know what one of these goes for? I have a 28' Heat that I bought from someone who ran in salt water. After a few dips in my fresh water lake, it is rusting to pieces....

Sad - it is only 4 yrs old...thanks in advance.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:44 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts
Default Re: Nordic Trailers

Originally Posted by On The Heat
Any of you guys know what one of these goes for? I have a 28' Heat that I bought from someone who ran in salt water. After a few dips in my fresh water lake, it is rusting to pieces....

That was me The sad thing is that the boat was rack stored for one season, trailered for one season and rinsed thouroughly after each dunking. What a POS. Nordic ought to be ashamed of themselves for selling junk like that. They also knew this was going to be used in salt water, it would have been big of them to suggest another brand. In the end it was my fault for purchasing that trailer instead of a quality one.

OTH...don't waste your money on a Nordic trailer, there are plenty of aluminum trailers made on the east coast that'll last a long time. Try Fred at Trick Marine (Allison Distributor), So. Florida Trailers, Myco, are a few I'd look into.

PS...I'm glad they don't build their boats like their trailers
Old 06-17-2005, 08:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by On The Heat

Call me

East Coast Nordic Boats
631-724-8707

I will price one out for you.

Paul
Old 06-17-2005, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why not have the trailer sand blasted, treated, powder coated and re-bunked. Any good trailer place could do that for you for much less than a new one.
The trailer itself is good but the finish is not for salt water use. However, if I was going to go new I would order an Extreme, they have the pattern ready to go.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:57 AM

I'm just surfing with you nordic guys for a minute but I bought a loadmaster aluminum tri-axle that is great for $4250. They are made in florida. You have to look around though beacause several places I checked had the same exact trailers for $2000 more. I bought mine at Lake of the Ozarks, a place called boats unlimited. which is kinda a drive for you though.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:27 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Nordicflame
Why not have the trailer sand blasted, treated, powder coated and re-bunked. Any good trailer place could do that for you for much less than a new one.
The trailer itself is good but the finish is not for salt water use. However, if I was going to go new I would order an Extreme, they have the pattern ready to go.
Dave...I'm sure it's probably rusting inside at this point. I'd just stay away from POS steel trailers at this point.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Probably right Steve...

Maybe I should give it a real test and go back ours into the Great Salt Lake once. I might just be pulling the tires out

4X-5X the salt content of the ocean...might get some good speed runs though
Old 07-18-2007, 02:38 PM
Registered

Hi there!

I've got a Rage and my trailer is shot as well. I bought the boat out of FL, but I'm in Seattle and use it in fresh water here. Any suggestions on a trailer in the NW?

Thank you!
Collin
Old 07-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Registered

Much as I love my Nordic boat, the only thing that
keeps me from totally despising the trailer is that we live inland and boat on freshwater lakes.

If you're on saltwater, get a custom galvanized or aluminum
and you'll have something that lasts. Price probably won't be
that much different than a Nordic trailer (possibly better if
you include all factors such as shipping costs).

Pesky Varmint
Old 07-28-2007, 12:27 AM
Registered

Nordic trailers are not designed to be put in salt water. Any offshore boat that is usually used in salt water is 9 times out of 10 either galvanized or aluminum. I don't think you will find any west coast custom boat with a salt water ready trailer as a standard option. I'm sure you could ask for that option when you order it, but it is not standard. Just my 2 cents

Quick Reply: Nordic Trailers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.