nordic heat projects >

nordic heat projects

Notices

nordic heat projects

Old 10-27-2005, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nordic heat projects

So whats everyone doing to there boats this winter ?

my projects ..sun pad vinyl is starting to crack so pulled the seat and sun pad out.
there off getting new vinyl. cant salvage the Nordic serpent. going with the same red blue and gray checker pattern that is on the side of the boat. my painter will be down this weekend to work up a quote to clear cote the top deck of the boat. Iv been looking at mermaid A/C M5 or M6 unit distributors in my area. should have it bought in week or so.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:21 PM
Registered

Default Re: nordic heat projects

Sounds like a good size project Indiana....show us some before and after pics if you can.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nothing on my Nordic but I'll be working two other Heats

A 500EFI Whipple install on my former Heat.

Then the fun one will be the addition of a R-Tech Supercooler setup on the Heat with my old motor. It currently runs a solid 95+ at Havasu so we'll be in search of the mighty triple digit

Also, if you didn't know, you can order the duplicate vinyl skins from Peggy at Nordic if you supply the VIN number. I did this with my rear seat last year. It was $150 and then $50 for the local shop to steam the foam and replace the cover. A perfect match. That back seat takes a beating

Dave
Old 10-27-2005, 08:49 PM
Registered

Bob L will be installing the Raylar on mine .....Most likely sometime in Feb
Old 10-27-2005, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be pulling my engine to make a few changes in search of 90+ mph. I don't see triple digits on the horizon though.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BobL and Dave,
Those sound like cool projects. Keep us posted on your progress!
My 1st project is to put anti-overflow valves on my vent lines.
Whenever I top off my tanks for long weeknds on the water, the vents leak fuel all over the hullsides, which looks like crap, and is hard on the gelcoat. These are made by Tempo, and I've used them on my other boats successfully. They will flow air in either direction, but they won't allow fluids (gas) to dump out the vents. "Full" on my fuel guage is about 3/4 tankfull, btw.
Should be a lot of fun to get to . Looks I'll have to pull both side(s) panels. Might go ahead and put some speakers in while I'm at it.
2 new batteries. Anybody got any recommendations? I've been using dual cycle group 24s (doesn't look like the battery compartment on our boats will accomodate group 27s, which I would prefer), and I have a built in dual 12v charger, which gives me "shore power" of sorts when were overnighting in a marina.
BobL, your spacer mod has me thinking about tinkering with one. I actually bought one from Trick Marine, and then sent it back before testing it (I know, stupid), when the P5-X and Imco gearcase appeared to fix my lift/slippage problems. That was some very cost effective MPH you picked up there !
I've been considering the next step in building up the motor. The 575 is the only "blue" motor that doesn't have a roller cam, so I think there's some horsepower to found there. Maybe some aluminum heads too. Dave, BobL, what do you think? One of our fellow Nordic heads here who has the '96 Heat with the blower/stroker 496 says "the way your boat runs and it's reliable as hell, you're crazy (never said I wasn't ) if you mess with it". Maybe he's right.
One potential stumbling block is correctly recurving the ECU. I think it can be done. AZSM did a great job 1st round and says they can again. BobL, your professional opinion would be appreciated on the cam, heads and recurve . Have you done anything like this on a 575?
It would be nice to see 90. I think it's going to take, according to our formula (17hp = 1mph), another 100HP (sounds like heads and a cam) or 850 total to get there. 100 -: 17 = 5.9 + 85 = 90.9.
Happy Halloween !
Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 10-29-2005 at 11:27 AM.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Steve, I've got a customer with 575s that we're going to do a little tweaking on this winter. I'm headed to the SEMA show today. I will hopefully get a chance to visit with Dustin there and discuss the mapping. That is our concerns on making significant engine changes. From conversations with Dustin, it's pretty tough fine tuning the TBI maps because they are such big injectors that a very slight map change makes a big fuel change. I'll let you know what I find out.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bobl
Hey Steve, I've got a customer with 575s that we're going to do a little tweaking on this winter. I'm headed to the SEMA show today. I will hopefully get a chance to visit with Dustin there and discuss the mapping. That is our concerns on making significant engine changes. From conversations with Dustin, it's pretty tough fine tuning the TBI maps because they are such big injectors that a very slight map change makes a big fuel change. I'll let you know what I find out.
BobL,
SEMA sounds like a lot of fun. Didn't they have a marine area last year? Let me know what you find out.
Regards,
Steve
Old 10-31-2005, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Steve,
There's a lot of room left while still maintaining reliability; depends how far you want to go with it
I have no experience with the throttle body type injection but if there was a work around you could make some great hp "if" your blower could keep up with it.
A set of AFR CNC or fully ported Canfield heads, hydraulic roller setup, stick a good 4.25 crank and a set of rods to get you to 540c.i. and get the CR up around 8.5 and feed it about 7 lbs of boost and you'll be glowing...I promise
Dave
Old 11-01-2005, 09:19 AM
Registered

Hi Guys:
Dave, I like your "recipie" for making more HP.
Speaking of making more horsepower. I just found the weak link, the XR drive. Probably my fault for not pulling it down after the last lube change. There was some peach fuzz on the lower magnet...........I figured it would make one last color cruise. I was wrong. I lost a tooth on the upper gearset, pushed the gears apart, etc, so I'm out a complete XR upper housing. The gearcase (we'll check IT ) seems OK.
Funny thing was, I was cruising about 45MPH ........
one of my Nordic friends who was riding with me said "you were going too slow". Oh well, rather now than March or April.
BobL, I am ordering another 1" spacer to test when we get her buttoned back up. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
I HOPE it works as well as yours.
Regards,
Steve

Quick Reply: nordic heat projects

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.