More drive spacer results

Notices

More drive spacer results

Old 04-06-2006, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: More drive spacer results

Man what service...

I have my 2005 Nordic Heat down at Full throttle Marine in Spicewood Texas getting some more Horses added to it...Boats 1200 Miles away from me and today I recived a Awesome Video from Bob Lloyd owner of FTM showing my Engine on a stand Running........

I am gonna post a link here where you guys can hear it ....Again I think its awesome.....I am heading down next week to get her so this is very exciting for me

http://media.putfile.com/Bents-Nordic-Engine
Old 04-06-2006, 10:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's cool isn't it? When he sent mine I think I almost wore out the file listening to it. Besides, Dusty was sitting in a chair where it looked like he was going to say at any minute, "Hey watch this..." And try to hang on to the motor and take off down the road. LOL

Pretty slick stuff getting to see it in action though.

I like the sound with the headers too!!!!
Old 04-11-2006, 12:01 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, Bent called it exactly. We took the maiden voyage today and hit his predicted 72.8 on GPS. This was with a stock 26 Bravo prop at 5150 RPM. There may be a little more if we can pick up another 100-150 RPM with some prop tweaking. Overall I think we met our goal very well. I'll get a couple of pics with it in the boat.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob and Bent,
Great work and #s. I'm sure you're pleased with how this worked out .
Just curious, according to my/our formula, you picked up 7MPH (65.8 + 7 = 72.8):
7MPH x 17HP = 119HP (theoretical) increase required.
What did the dyno results say?
Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 04-11-2006 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:35 AM
Registered

I haven't gotten a good dyno run yet. I just got the Dyno and am getting it set up to do prop shaft testing. Maybe today. I don't have enough water supply to hold 500 HP at the prop. Gotta do some plumbing.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bobl
I haven't gotten a good dyno run yet. I just got the Dyno and am getting it set up to do prop shaft testing. Maybe today. I don't have enough water supply to hold 500 HP at the prop. Gotta do some plumbing.
Bob,
What kind of dyno (brand/type, understand it's propshaft) are you using? I think the use of a propshaft dyno is much more convenient than pulling motors, AND it also shows the actual HP being delivered to the prop.
Steve
Old 04-13-2006, 10:04 AM
Registered

Steve, I bought a Land & Sea unit with all the software and accessories. It's a dual rotor unit that will measure 800 PSHP or 2000 Crankshaft HP.
Bob
Old 04-13-2006, 11:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well, Bent called it exactly. We took the maiden voyage today and hit his predicted 72.8 on GPS. This was with a stock 26 Bravo prop at 5150 RPM. There may be a little more if we can pick up another 100-150 RPM with some prop tweaking. Overall I think we met our goal very well. I'll get a couple of pics with it in the boat.
I just took a look. That is one beautiful engine.

Whose throttle body and what mm did you use? Does it hook up to the stock Mercruiser mechanical throttle linkage or are there mod's involved?

Thanks,

Bill
Old 04-13-2006, 12:25 PM
Registered

Bill, that is the stock throttle body. We just spent some extra time powder coating and painting parts so it looks good. We moved some brackets and mounted the shift braket on the transom to make things a little neater. Ray didn't feel we would benefit from the larger throttle body. I'll take his word for it.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Bill, that is the stock throttle body. We just spent some extra time powder coating and painting parts so it looks good. We moved some brackets and mounted the shift braket on the transom to make things a little neater. Ray didn't feel we would benefit from the larger throttle body. I'll take his word for it.
OK then, what is good enough for Ray is good enough for me.

The engine does look sweet!

Bill

Quick Reply: More drive spacer results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.