More drive spacer results >

More drive spacer results

Notices

More drive spacer results

Old 03-02-2006, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default More drive spacer results

I just finished testing a 1" drive spacer on "Boatingbent's" 28 Heat. 496 Mag HO, 24" labbed prop. I made a test run before at 63.8 GPS at 4900 RPM. Pulled the boat out, went straight to the shop and added the spacer. Retested about 4 hrs. later. All conditions the same except air temp was 5 degrees warmer at 85 degrees. This time it ran 65.8, occasionally bumping the rev limiter. It performed better in every respect. Now It 's out with the engine and install the Raylar kit. I'll document the results.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: More drive spacer results

Bob:
Interesting results. Maybe someone should tell Lonnie to lower his X dimension to 18 1/4"s and save us all some time and money??
I will be restesting my props and 1" spacer in 2 weeks and will let you guys know how it goes.
Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 03-04-2006 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I did talk to Lonnie about it. His comments were that a stock boat didn't need it but the higher HP boats would benefit. Guess that wasn't true. One thing to keep in mind. My testing is on glass smooth water. We all know they run a lot faster on a 1-2 foot chop. I suspect that the drive spacer does not make much difference in a good chop. But where the spacer makes a big difference is when the boat is loaded, especially the open bow and there is not enough chop to get the hull loosened up. I've seen conditions where it's hot and humid, smooth water and a person or 2 up front that I thought the engine dropped a cylinder because it was so sluggish. I actually stopped and started checking plug wires and stuff.
Old 03-04-2006, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good news doesn't always come. Can't wait to try it on my Heat. Thanks for posting your results.
Attached Thumbnails More drive spacer results-438687843106_0_bg.jpg  
Old 03-06-2006, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

85*

Must be nice...Snow for next 7 days here
Old 03-06-2006, 06:11 PM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=bobl]I did talk to Lonnie about it. His comments were that a stock boat didn't need it but the higher HP boats would benefit.

I can not imagine someone building boats making that comment. Most often the drive height is too low that works with slower boats, and it is needed to be raised to meet higher HP requirements.

I think sometimes talking to Nordic is like talking to a wall. They do not seem interested in the owners comments on how to improve the boats. They have a good product but they could be great if they would listen a little bit.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Registered

Re: More drive spacer results

Originally Posted by bobl
I just finished testing a 1" drive spacer on "Boatingbent's" 28 Heat. 496 Mag HO, 24" labbed prop. I made a test run before at 63.8 GPS at 4900 RPM. Pulled the boat out, went straight to the shop and added the spacer. Retested about 4 hrs. later. All conditions the same except air temp was 5 degrees warmer at 85 degrees. This time it ran 65.8, occasionally bumping the rev limiter. It performed better in every respect. Now It 's out with the engine and install the Raylar kit. I'll document the results.
Lets make a bet what it will do after the Raylar install

I say 72.8
Old 03-07-2006, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd say that's a pretty good guess Bent...
It appears that you and MHale00 have identicle base line speeds; say 64. He gained 3-4 with the Raylar then an additional 2-3 mph with the spacer which he said put him right near 70.
So you've already gained the spacer speed increase and have a baseline of 65.8 Aside from the Raylar kit your adding Lightning headers and a ECU upgrade if I remember correctly. So 72.8 sounds pretty dang close

From what I understand I think we are going to hear some very accurate pshp ratings as well
Should be interesting when shes done. Hope it all turns out great for you and I'm very anxiously awaiting the results for some direction on my pair.

Dave
Old 03-29-2006, 08:32 PM
Registered

Bob just sent me pictures of my Engine which is just about ready to be put back in ........
Attached Thumbnails More drive spacer results-dsc05079.jpg   More drive spacer results-dsc05080.jpg  
Old 03-30-2006, 04:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatingbent
Bob just sent me pictures of my Engine which is just about ready to be put back in ........

Nice!

Quick Reply: More drive spacer results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.