Buying a new Nordic... Some questions. >

Buying a new Nordic... Some questions.

Notices

Buying a new Nordic... Some questions.

Old 08-20-2006, 07:19 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts
Default Re: Buying a new Nordic... Some questions.

I owned a 28 496HO, get the tabs especially if you're boating at LOTO. Lower the drive too, mine threw a small rooster from the blade slightly piercing the water surface Overall a nice boat. Oh...get an aluminum trailer if you are EVER going to boat in salt water...the Nordic trailer is NOT for salt.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Buying a new Nordic... Some questions.

You definitely want tabs on a mid cabin 28. Not because it needs them for handling or planing, but you will always end up with a bunch of people sitting on one side. With the wide open midcabin people move around a lot while cruising. I find myself constantly adjusting the tabs to keep the boat level. I've had my 28 on LOTO. I was able to put the tabs down and plow through the waves at a 35 MPH cruise and have a pretty smooth ride, or you can raise them and fly over them if you desire. You'll love the open midcabin. Get a bow cover, just snap the cover on and the cabin stays dry. I always put the cockpit cover on if it's raining and I'm not running. keeping the cabin dry has never been an issue. Having it wide open makes the boat seem much larger and is much cooler in the cabin.