Notices

New Boat

Old 12-17-2007, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

last
Attached Thumbnails New Boat-ftm35is.jpg   New Boat-ftm35js.jpg  

Last edited by bobl; 12-17-2007 at 11:18 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default nice ride

Hey Bob,
That's a beautiful boat. I'm looking forward to seeing it at the regatta.
I have a question and comment. Why doesn't someone (like NORDIC ) make a hardcover to enclose the bowrider section? You could add a center filler cushion and have a V-berth hard deck, or a bowrider/mid-cabin in one boat.
Regards,
Steve
Old 12-17-2007, 04:04 PM
Registered

Strange you would ask that question. I brought the cutout section home with me. Wonder what I could be thinking????
I believe I can use it to make a mold for a hard cover. Since it is balsa cored it is too thick to use itself.

Bob

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
Hey Bob,
I have a question and comment. Why doesn't someone (like NORDIC ) make a hardcover to enclose the bowrider section? You could add a center filler cushion and have a V-berth hard deck, or a bowrider/mid-cabin in one boat.
Regards,
Steve
Old 12-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome. Looks fantastic, Bob. Congrats.
Quick questions.

1. How does the seating area in the bow compare in size to the heat?

2. Same question as above, but for the facing cabin lounges. Same size (length/seat depth) as the Heat...or longer/deeper?

I really like that.

Dave
Old 12-17-2007, 04:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bobl
Strange you would ask that question. I brought the cutout section home with me. Wonder what I could be thinking????
I believe I can use it to make a mold for a hard cover. Since it is balsa cored it is too thick to use itself.

Bob
Bob,
I hear you. I would make it light, and just order some headliner material to cover the underside. Some quick release hinges and your good to go. If you're overnighting or the weather is dicey, it would be a nice thing to have.
An interesting performance test would be running without the hardcover, and with it. I bet it would be good for at least a couple of MPH, even though you'd be adding some weight to the nose.
Wasn't your Heat faster with the bow canvas on?
Regards,
Steve
Old 12-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Registered

The bow seating is the same as the Heat. They took an actual Heat insert to put in there. The floor is deeper though. The cabin lounges are longer and there is a lot more head room. These are just about the same width the entire length, whereas the Heat lounges tapered toward the bow. They are much easier to lay on without rolling off than the Heat was. It's hard to capture all the details in a photo. The photos make the entry to the bow look very narrow, but it is not. Plenty of room to walk through. They notched the floor as you step up going to the bow. This makes it much easier since that is a pretty good distance up, and gives you more head room.

Bob

Originally Posted by In2Deep
Awesome. Looks fantastic, Bob. Congrats.
Quick questions.

1. How does the seating area in the bow compare in size to the heat?

2. Same question as above, but for the facing cabin lounges. Same size (length/seat depth) as the Heat...or longer/deeper?

I really like that.

Dave
Old 12-17-2007, 06:19 PM
Registered

All open bows i've tested ran 1-2 MPH faster with the cover on. I have a bow cover for it. You can bet I'll test every aspect of this in detail.

Bob

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
Bob,
I hear you. I would make it light, and just order some headliner material to cover the underside. Some quick release hinges and your good to go. If you're overnighting or the weather is dicey, it would be a nice thing to have.
An interesting performance test would be running without the hardcover, and with it. I bet it would be good for at least a couple of MPH, even though you'd be adding some weight to the nose.
Wasn't your Heat faster with the bow canvas on?
Regards,
Steve
Old 12-17-2007, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Awesome Bob, love those graphics. Really like what you did with the interior. Hope you have better luck with the Dana or Eddie tabs than I did, ended up replacing them with K-planes.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:11 PM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

Looks Good, What power did you get? i am not sure I would want the mid cabin, but that is a interesting concept. I look at mine and wonder why I have all that cabin, and hardly use it. I would like to get dual rear seats so I could haul 6 easy. We have got so we only overnight at hotel locations so more people space would be good. We have big water some times so a close bow is essential, especially after we get in 6-7 footers. I try to avoid them, but the bay can change very quickly. Let us know how it runs.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Linster
Looks Good, What power did you get? i am not sure I would want the mid cabin, but that is a interesting concept. I look at mine and wonder why I have all that cabin, and hardly use it. I would like to get dual rear seats so I could haul 6 easy. We have got so we only overnight at hotel locations so more people space would be good. We have big water some times so a close bow is essential, especially after we get in 6-7 footers. I try to avoid them, but the bay can change very quickly. Let us know how it runs.
The beauty of the mid cabin is that it makes the whole boat usable. People love to ride in the cabin. So, 10 people is not even crowded. As far as the closed bow, just put the bow cover on it. It stays dry even in rain. Probably wouldn't want to stuff the bow though.

Quick Reply: New Boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.