Notices

New Boat

Old 12-18-2007, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful boat, Bob. I can't wait to see it in person!
Old 12-18-2007, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Beautiful boat! Graphics/colors are very similar to my buddy's (Mentalpause) F-4. Too bad they didn't make the bow seating bigger. My wife and I have always loved the 28 Heat mid-open but have always thought the bow seating area was too small and out of proportion compared to the size of the cabin. It appears the cabin and bow floors are still not figerglass liners and are just covered in glued-down carpet? This would be another upgrade I would like to see. I like the idea of a hard top for the bow as well. Good job Nordic!
Old 12-18-2007, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Beautiful boat! Graphics/colors are very similar to my buddy's (Mentalpause) F-4. Too bad they didn't make the bow seating bigger. My wife and I have always loved the 28 Heat mid-open but have always thought the bow seating area was too small and out of proportion compared to the size of the cabin. It appears the cabin and bow floors are still not figerglass liners and are just covered in glued-down carpet? This would be another upgrade I would like to see. I like the idea of a hard top for the bow as well. Good job Nordic!
This is the last boat Nordic built that had any wood in it. Everything is retooled. Any boat built in the future will be wood free.

I personally would rather have the size in the cabin than any more in the bow.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me

Yeah, looks familiar
Attached Thumbnails New Boat-loto-hh.jpg  

Last edited by Mentalpause; 12-18-2007 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:32 PM
Never Enuff
Gold Member

Very nice look'n boat Bob!!! Hope you have a good time tomorrow--I think we might wait till Thursday--suppose to be 78. I will try to come out in the next few weeks and look at it.
Jay
Old 12-19-2007, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by bobl
This is the last boat Nordic built that had any wood in it. Everything is retooled. Any boat built in the future will be wood free.

I personally would rather have the size in the cabin than any more in the bow.
I agree, but asthetically the bow seating section looks small and out of proportion even on a 28'. I just think the overall look of the boat would be better if the bow seating area was lengthened somewhat. That cabin is big enough that it wouldn't suffer much. I read the article in PB with the new owner and I know he wants to bring these boats to the top on both coasts. IMHO, the bow seating right now looks like an afterthought. I know a lot of West Coast builder will just cut a hole in a deck and stick-build seating to make a mid-open. To compete with the East Coast, Nordic will have to make the bow seating a molded-in piece of the deck. At that time, it would be nice to see it proportioned to the overall size of the boat.

Last edited by Knot 4 Me; 12-19-2007 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Finally got to take her out for a maiden voyage. Everything went smoothly. Spent about 2 hours riding around. We got it up to 73.6 on the GPS with full fuel and glass smooth water. I'm satisfied with that(for now). I'm sure with a light fuel load and a good chop there are a few more MPH in it.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:18 PM
Never Enough
Platinum Member

Bob,
That thing looks GREAT!
Congrats
Old 01-28-2008, 06:59 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Bob,
Looks great! Congrats!
Dean
Old 01-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Is this the same one at the louisville boat show - there is a Nordic there with this same graphic.

Quick Reply: New Boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.