35 Flame w Gear Splitter

Notices

35 Flame w Gear Splitter

Old 01-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CCstinger260
Then there is this one, was for sale on boattrader a while back-way cool power
That is an interesting looking ride to say the least. I don't know much of anything about allison's but that looks as if it would make good power !
Old 01-02-2008, 02:34 PM
Registered

The splitter in the 35 Nordic was an Imco but it was built by SCS. I tryed talking to Imco about it but they didn't seem to have much interest in talking to me , so I called SCS & thats when I found out that they built if for Imco.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
The splitter in the 35 Nordic was an Imco but it was built by SCS. I tryed talking to Imco about it but they didn't seem to have much interest in talking to me , so I called SCS & thats when I found out that they built if for Imco.
That was the hard part........although it had the IMCO logo on it.....IMCO would not stand behind it for parts or repair....zero warranty........great running boat but the drive was a big negative on resale.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Registered

did they have any problems with the splitter ?

Do you know who the current owner of the boat is ??
Old 01-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Registered

did they have any problems with the splitter ?

Do you know who the current owner of the boat is ??
Q1 - NONE that I know of anyway.....worked great

Q2 - UNKNOWN ...... might be up in Canada
Old 01-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Registered

Just a dumb question, but have you thought about calling one of the companies that make the multi-engine drive assemblies for tractor pulling? I would think that the engineering would be basically the same, just in reverse. I have seen several different types and mfrs in the multi-engine classes.

BTW-I've often thought of this same idea, but for putting an obnoxiously huge diesel in a big PB and splitting into two drives. Seeing the boat with the 1710 cube Allison in it just solidified the idea for me that it was do-able. It's good to see that it has also been done elsewhere.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:58 PM
Registered

Thanks TSPM

CCstinger : I have talked with SCS who built it & they also build alot of tractor pulling stuff.... I also taked to another company & its been awhile & I can't recall their name right off hand & they may have even been oversees but not exactly sure , They specialized in Diesel stuff.... My problem is that both of them wanted somwhere around 9k if I remember correctly to build one... Which may be chump change to some but it is alot of coin to me !

If you or anybody else for that matter knows of sombody such as a tractor pulling combo box mfg. ect... Please let me know & I will contact them & see what they say..
Old 01-06-2008, 07:10 AM
Registered

Thanks TSPM
Are you interested in buying the boay......I can most likely find it if needed ..... if only questions are your drive I can get answers......I know a whole lot about this boat ...... we almost purchased it from Nordic when it was completed. Call us if you need that info (631) 724-8707
Old 01-06-2008, 01:21 PM
Registered

No not interested in buying the boat. Just kinda interested in how it is holding up & I would also like to know what kind of prop slip #'s it's running ?

Also since I am not familiar with the 35 flame & what kind of speeds it runs with twin power making the same as that single I would like to know how they compair speed wise. I am pretty sure that it would be faster than a twin with the same power as is a boat like mine with a twin v/s a single making the same power. For example my boat would take (approx.) twin 500's totaling 1000 hp to run around the same speed as a single 750.

I would love to give it a try in my boat b/c it would be a good platform to use to compare performance , seeing that I have a real good Idea what kind of speeds it will run with given single power as compaired to twins , where as the 35 Nordic to my knowledge has never been ran with single power & a single drive.

& Oh yeah I was kinda hoping the owner of the boat decided to repower the boat with twins & the splitter was laying in their garage collecting dust & needed a new home in the hills of TN... Of course comfortably behind my blown BBC & in front of 2 XR ITS's hanging off the back of my Saber ..

My transom is a clean canvas & I have plenty of room in the engine compartment. Now If I could only convince Imco , or SCS , or another mfg. That my boat is the perfect candidate for a test ......

Last edited by littledcsrodshop; 01-06-2008 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Registered

Where is the rod shop located? I am interested in a 37 coupe.

Quick Reply: 35 Flame w Gear Splitter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.