Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nordic
Questions for "faster" Flame owners (kinda long) >

Questions for "faster" Flame owners (kinda long)

Notices

Questions for "faster" Flame owners (kinda long)

Old 03-21-2009, 01:29 PM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve,
Were were guessing 650 easy. It has the Arizonia pulley. I will end up putting them on later in the year. Dont want to be late into the boating season. I did not notice your hatch when I saw you at Cumberland.

Thanks
Old 03-22-2009, 09:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Linster
Steve,
Were were guessing 650 easy. It has the Arizonia pulley. I will end up putting them on later in the year. Dont want to be late into the boating season. I did not notice your hatch when I saw you at Cumberland.

Thanks
Linster,
I guess it worked out as planned then. It's almost like an optical illusion. When you see the hatch open, it's like there's no way that hatch is going to close over that tall motor. It's still not perfect, I would like to add an intercooler (BS 4"s tall, Whipple 1 7/8"s tall), but there's just no room unless I lower the motor and drive, and I'm not going through all that.
I think that (and efficiency) is why Merc is packaging the new blue motors with Lysholm superchargers and intercoolers. By moving the induction/throttle body to the back end of the blower, there's enough vertical space for intercooling and hatch clearance.
Maybe I'm just "old school", but I still like the looks and sound of a roots type blower system. However, if I ever have a custom motor built from scratch it will definitely be with a Whipple/Lysholm type screw blower and intercooler.
Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 03-22-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The fastest 28 heat

East liverpool Ohio is the home of the fastest 28 heat. blistering speed at 115mph, 1300hp quadrotor beast. Fastest VBottom at alumcreek shootout this fall. solid yellow.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by risingsun
East liverpool Ohio is the home of the fastest 28 heat. blistering speed at 115mph, 1300hp quadrotor beast. Fastest VBottom at alumcreek shootout this fall. solid yellow.
What kind of drive?
Old 04-03-2009, 09:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by risingsun
rising sun,
That's cool, but, ....................
If you know this fellow (Nordic Gary do you know this guy, from Ohio?) please tell him to check out the Nordic Regatta in Nashville in late May (29/30/31). We would love to see this boat in person.
Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 04-03-2009 at 11:30 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Registered

We didnt see 115 that day
Old 04-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Chris
Gold Member

I also would like to know what drive, and drive height this boat is running.

Chris
Old 04-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dwane
We didnt see 115 that day
Hey Dwayne,
Tell us more .............
I hope you can make it to this year's regatta!
Best Regards,
Steve
Old 04-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It was a BMax a few years back. It kept splitting the lower case.
103 was the beat he had seen at the time and he said that was streched out with 11 lbs of boost and race fuel on the warmed up Phaff motor.
Dave
Old 04-04-2009, 09:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
rising sun,
That's cool, but, ....................
If you know this fellow (Nordic Gary do you know this guy, from Ohio?) please tell him to check out the Nordic Regatta in Nashville in late May (29/30/31). We would love to see this boat in person.
Regards,
Steve
Steve, here is a little history on this 28 heat. We sold this boat new in 2002 with a 500 efi and XZ drive standard height. In 2003 we installed a whipple, from what I can remember we were getting in the high 80's. Then in 2004 Glen still wasn't happy with the speed so we installed a 598 Paul Phaff Quad Rotor 1200hp. The first six hours with this motor the XZ let loose, installed an Imco which did as well as the XZ, 6 hours! After those drive failures we installed a Bmax which held up well except the coupling that connects the upper and lower drive. We were running a 1:36 gear ratio with a 30 pitch Bravo and with me driving I seen 106 mph on GPS. They must of added some upgrades to get it to 1300hp and a better prop which could easily get this boat to that 115 mark.
Frank

Quick Reply: Questions for "faster" Flame owners (kinda long)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.