28 Heat MCOB around LKN >

28 Heat MCOB around LKN

Notices

28 Heat MCOB around LKN

Old 05-20-2008, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 28 Heat MCOB around LKN

Is there any MCOB Heat's around Lake Norman? I am very interested in taking a closer look at one and it seems the closetest dealership is in KY.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by five cent worth
Is there any MCOB Heat's around Lake Norman? I am very interested in taking a closer look at one and it seems the closetest dealership is in KY.
Five cent. You must be doing a lot of texting with all your abbreviations. I will attempt to translate to English.........I think he means mid cabin, open bow Heat, on Lake Norman?
8 Heats here in Nashvegas, all hard decks, we need the privacy ................
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 05-20-2008 at 11:42 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
Five cent. You must be doing a lot of texting with all your abbreviations. I will attempt to translate to English.........I think he means mid cabin, open bow Heat, on Lake Norman?
8 Heats here in Nashvegas, all hard decks, we need the privacy ................
Steve

Lots of texting. I assumed anyone reading this would know what LKN is and MCOB.

Just trying to understand how much room is in the cockpit as well as the bow. We are a day boating lake here on Norman and the MCOB would suite me very well.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think UPM (see, we can text and abbreviate too), has a midcabin Heat. They are located in Jamestown, KY, on Lake Cumberland. Gary and John are nice guys, and I'm sure they will take good care of you. BTW, I live in Nashville, but I make that trip on business regularly (4-6 a year). It's 400 miles/6 hours, all good road, beautiful scenery through the mountains on I-40.
I understand that's all the rage out west (open bows), but here we do overnight, and need weather protection. Also, we don't have a nice beach to pull up on like they do at Havasu.
The East Coast Nordic Regatta is coming up June 27/28/29.
You'll see just about everything the company offers if you make the trip To Lake Cumberland/UPM.
Steve
Old 05-21-2008, 09:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
I think UPM (see, we can text and abbreviate too), has a midcabin Heat. They are located in Jamestown, KY, on Lake Cumberland. Gary and John are nice guys, and I'm sure they will take good care of you. BTW, I live in Nashville, but I make that trip on business regularly (4-6 a year). It's 400 miles/6 hours, all good road, beautiful scenery through the mountains on I-40.
I understand that's all the rage out west (open bows), but here we do overnight, and need weather protection. Also, we don't have a nice beach to pull up on like they do at Havasu.
The East Coast Nordic Regatta is coming up June 27/28/29.
You'll see just about everything the company offers if you make the trip To Lake Cumberland/UPM.
Steve
Steve - Thanks for getting back to me. The one at ULM is closer to the top on the list. I have been in communication with John already. Is the MCOB that ULM has a demo since it will be a the regatta?

The big thing is I want to get inside one before making any commitment to drive 6 - 7 hours from Charlotte to Lake Cumberland to look at one. It would be a waste of both of our time if I didnt like the design/lay out. I should have something lined up to look at a local Sunsation 288 MCOB in the next week or two and would like to do teh same with a Nordic.

Mike
Old 05-21-2008, 10:22 AM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm

I have the open-bow Heat. Love it. I think you'll be very impressed once you lay eyes on one in person.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:40 AM
jns
Registered

I too have a MCOB Heat. You really will like this especially if you want to comfortably haul more than 4 people when temps are over 80 degrees. It's like a 3 room house when just floating or rafting. Plus throw on the bow cover and you have wind or rain protection should something blow up.
The Sunny 28 does have a head compartment though I think?
But the Nordic has much better lines and is wider. It is a head turner for sure.
My last was a closed bow Checkmate. Love this OB.
OBTW, the MC offers good privacy too, but with some air circulation!
Old 05-24-2008, 07:30 AM
Registered

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Hopefully I can find someone around the Lake Norma area to give me a peak around one.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Five Cent,

Steve is correct, we have new 2007 Mid-Cabin Heat in stock. Has 496 HO and Trailer. This is a great boat for Lake Norman. Boat can be viewed on-line at www.unlimitedmarine.com Since it's an 2007, we can work a great deal for ya.

Call Unlimited Marine 270-858-6911