Trim Tab angle on Heat >

Trim Tab angle on Heat

Notices

Trim Tab angle on Heat

Old 12-08-2011, 09:15 PM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After doing a significant amount of testing..(mounting the tabs in four different locations)...and actually taking video of the rear of the boat with a go-pro camera mounted at the rear of the boat and watching the water coming off the hull while under way...I ended up mounting the tabs parralel to the bottom of the hull...as far out as possible...about 1.25 inches up from the bottom of the hull.

Chris

Last edited by CB-BLR; 12-08-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I'm kind of new to OSO and have a 2000 heat I bought last may. I love my nordic and that's all I ever hear from other nordic owners. Mine is pretty much stock 502 mpi/bravo1 except EMI thunder exhaust came with it.
I recently came across some 280 k-planes for a good deal and pulled the trigger. Kind of funny these trim tab threads found their way to the top at such a convenient time.
Chris, do you have pictures of where you ended up mounting the tabs? Besides the exhaust, is there any difference between your boat's hull and mine? Will the 280s be good on my heat? I mostly need them for pulling kids around on tubes without falling off plane, when the channel gets really rough at powell and I seem to have a porpoising issue when trimming the drive up. I don't have to trim it very much before it starts porpoising. Tabs will help with that, right?
I've read a whole bunch of threads on OSO, specifically this nordic forum and have learned a lot. To be honest I don't know much about "go fast boats" but I'm learning and would like to be able to upgrade and do my own work on my boat.
Thanks
Eric
Old 12-10-2011, 12:47 AM
Registered

The only difference between his hull and your hull is Chris' is an all composite hull, yours (and mine) still utilize wood in the construction. Other than that they are the same shape. Chris I am sure will pop in with more information for you.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:52 PM
Chris
Gold Member

I will take some pictures of the rear of my boat this next week and post them for you...I ended up using the Dana 900 tabs...as the 1000 would have a signifcant amount of spray hit them even when fully retracted.

Chris
Old 02-03-2012, 02:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CB-BLR
After doing a significant amount of testing..(mounting the tabs in four different locations)...and actually taking video of the rear of the boat with a go-pro camera mounted at the rear of the boat and watching the water coming off the hull while under way...I ended up mounting the tabs parralel to the bottom of the hull...as far out as possible...about 1.25 inches up from the bottom of the hull.

Chris
Would you care to elaborate?
Old 02-04-2012, 12:06 AM
Chris
Gold Member

Originally Posted by CB-BLR

Chris
I hope this helps,
Chris
Attached Thumbnails Trim Tab angle on Heat-trim-tab-placement.jpg  
Old 02-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Registered

That is how mine are mounted from Nordic. Dana HP900
Old 03-13-2012, 07:02 AM
Registered

Hey Guys..... It's been a while...I'm ordering some tabs for my '06 28 this week.So, the HP900's are the ones to have? Chris, I can get pretty close to that spot by the pic, but do you have any specific measurements? THANKS!!
Old 03-13-2012, 07:07 AM
Registered

Also, Mike at Nordic Said they put Eddie Marine tabs on now. Are they the same as the Dana's? What about indicators? I really would like a little round Electric Gauge instead on a huge cable indicator?

Derek
Old 03-15-2012, 12:46 AM
Chris
Gold Member

I ended up mounting the tabs parralel to the bottom of the hull...as far out as possible...about 1.25 inches up from the bottom of the hull.

Chris

Quick Reply: Trim Tab angle on Heat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.