Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nordic
Anyone pumping up the volume in their Rage? >

Anyone pumping up the volume in their Rage?

Notices

Anyone pumping up the volume in their Rage?

Old 08-17-2008, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone pumping up the volume in their Rage?

I wonder if anyone here has pumped up or replaced the factory stereo in their Nordic. I am mainly curious about the open bow Rage, but lets hear (pun intended) what everyone has done and what works well in a Nordic.

Right now I just have the lethargic 4 speaker Clarion the factory puts in them. I was thinking about putting 2 more pair of 6.5s in, one pair up high by the driver and passenger seats, and another pair in the open bow area, with an amp driving all 4 sets (2new, 2 factory). Then maybe convert the storage under the open bow floor into a sub enclosure of some sort with maybe a 12" in there driven by it own sub amp.

My 2003 I did the same thing except I had 2 woofers backed into the floor storage between the seats, and about 3000 watts. I was hoping I could make good vibrations (more pun) with 1 woofer and less power, maybe even a nice 5 channel.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:51 AM
Registered

N2LAKE,

Early this year I upgraded my Heat’s stereo. The previous owner upgraded the back two 6x9’s, (located on the front side of the bench) and he added a sub behind the bench. He created a box that fit on the back side of the bench, in the engine compartment. I went through everything and ended up doing a complete new system over the winter.

Here is a link to some of my pictures: http://crowniehq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1659

Before, I could not hear the music when cruising down the lake….well, not the way everyone like’s it. I enjoy listening to the screaming alien, the Whipple Charger. I thought the system was weak because with the location of the speakers were below your ear level. I added 4 ten’s on the face of the bench for the ladies. They really seem to enjoy the vibrations if you catch my drift. You will see from the pictures I added 6.5” JL Audio’s (2 back by the S-Bars, 2 by the captain chairs, 2 in the mid-cabin, and then 2 in the open bow). There are not too many good spots upfront, so I put them in the cut-outs, facing towards the back of the boat, so the noise will travel towards the people. I also wired the mid-cabin and open-bow speakers so that I can fade them out. I didn’t want the people in the mid-cabin to get blasted out….just a thought.

I used three APS. Two are mono style for the subs, and the last one powers the 8, 6.5’s. I took the sub box from the engine compartment and added a third battery. Two batteries are for the stereo (parallel) and one battery for starting.

Good Luck!

Matt
Old 08-18-2008, 05:21 PM
Registered

Sounds like a great system, I don't know if I want to join a Crownline sight to look at it though.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:09 PM
Registered

Y & D I looked at your pics, looks great! What about the subs under the rear seat, do you have anything protecting the back side of them?
Old 08-21-2008, 01:30 PM
Registered

I do not have any support behind the subs. I cut the holes across the front of the bench and screwed in the subs. I do have a feeling that after a few season of hard pounding, that the bench will have to be re-done. If you need to see more pictures of inside the bench, send me your email.

Matt
Old 08-22-2008, 09:19 AM
Registered

Link
Old 08-29-2008, 10:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Young and Dumb
N2LAKE,

Early this year I upgraded my Heat’s stereo. The previous owner upgraded the back two 6x9’s, (located on the front side of the bench) and he added a sub behind the bench. He created a box that fit on the back side of the bench, in the engine compartment. I went through everything and ended up doing a complete new system over the winter.

Here is a link to some of my pictures: http://crowniehq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1659

Before, I could not hear the music when cruising down the lake….well, not the way everyone like’s it. I enjoy listening to the screaming alien, the Whipple Charger. I thought the system was weak because with the location of the speakers were below your ear level. I added 4 ten’s on the face of the bench for the ladies. They really seem to enjoy the vibrations if you catch my drift. You will see from the pictures I added 6.5” JL Audio’s (2 back by the S-Bars, 2 by the captain chairs, 2 in the mid-cabin, and then 2 in the open bow). There are not too many good spots upfront, so I put them in the cut-outs, facing towards the back of the boat, so the noise will travel towards the people. I also wired the mid-cabin and open-bow speakers so that I can fade them out. I didn’t want the people in the mid-cabin to get blasted out….just a thought.

I used three APS. Two are mono style for the subs, and the last one powers the 8, 6.5’s. I took the sub box from the engine compartment and added a third battery. Two batteries are for the stereo (parallel) and one battery for starting.

Good Luck!

Matt
Matt,

How did you mount/attach the two 6.5" speakers in the cut-outs, facing towards the back of the boat? I like that idea.

Bill