White trailer paint >

White trailer paint

Notices

White trailer paint

Old 09-20-2008, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White trailer paint

Does anyone know the brand and formula for the white trailer paint? I have checked with Nordic and they have disposed of all trailer records!! Trailer is a 2007
Old 09-21-2008, 08:29 AM
jns
Registered

Thats unusual to dispose of that stuff don't you think?
In 07 they sent me about a quart of paint to use as touch up on my 06 .
Hand written on the can is "Omni PPG White".
Same on the hardner they sent with it too!
Hope this helps?
Old 09-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Registered

Default Trailer Paint

Thanks, apparently they disposed of all records when they stopped building trailers (according to parts). I've looked up PPG Omni and they list 4 different whites.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:38 AM

Krylon, white enamel, high gloss....

Right out of the rattle can and you can't even tell the difference.

My question though, what company get's rid of "all records" that are a year old. Who's running that company.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe they lost most all the records when the company was sold. Orville did not turn over the records to the new owners, or something along those lines.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by bobl
I believe they lost most all the records when the company was sold. Orville did not turn over the records to the new owners, or something along those lines.
Were they not making trailers after the company was bought/sold? I thought they were still making trailers up until 6 months ago?
Old 09-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Registered

Yes they were. I was thinking the paint request was for on older trailer. A 2007 should have been uner the new ownership anyway.

Originally Posted by Southocg
Were they not making trailers after the company was bought/sold? I thought they were still making trailers up until 6 months ago?
Old 09-22-2008, 08:05 PM
jns
Registered

Thats exactly what I was thinking too! Why not turn over the records or require those as part of the purchase? However from the paint job on my 06 trailer they never were actually making a great trailer. Just great boats!

Krylon huh? Did you just paper off the rust then hit with the paint?

Hopefully new ownership will improve the trailers too as they appear to be focused on the boats right now.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:24 AM
Registered

I've got a new boat on one of the last trailers they built. It's no better than the older ones. But then again, I've got a new boat sitting on a Competitive trailer thats crappy and another on an extreme trailer that all the paint peeled off the fenders. So, it's not just Nordic. The new ownership explained to me that they are boat builders, not trailer builders so they were going to outsource the trailers. They tried Competitive and Extreme and ultimately decided to go with Extreme.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by jns
Thats exactly what I was thinking too! Why not turn over the records or require those as part of the purchase? However from the paint job on my 06 trailer they never were actually making a great trailer. Just great boats!

Krylon huh? Did you just paper off the rust then hit with the paint?

Hopefully new ownership will improve the trailers too as they appear to be focused on the boats right now.

Depends on where you have to paint.
If it's a long section you can probably blend it. Hit it with 3 or 4 coats and see what it looks like.

I would still go through the steps though, i.e., sand down the surface etc. But you should be able to panit it up without issue.

The great thing about it, it's only paint and if it doesn't work you just repaint it. It's worth 4 bucks to give it a shot.

Quick Reply: White trailer paint

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.