Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CB-BLR
10 mile long run today at 90+ MPH - WOT:

62 deg air temp
59 deg water temp

Coolant at 150 deg.
Oil temp at 180 deg.

Chris
I have been advised that some of the Mercruiser Racing motors sense the oil temperature at the oil cooler output as apposed to the crank case or oil pump output pre oil cooler. The 180F oil temperature that you recorded has to be such.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My innercooler tee's off of the main water line, right after the raw water pump, goes thru the innercooler, and then dumps out the back of the boat.

After that tee,The main water line goes thru the fuel cooler, then thru the oil cooler, then thru the power steering cooler, then thru the heat exchanger, then thru the headers, and then dumps the raw water about a foot back from the collector flange. This is the way Dustin told me to do it.

He said that if I was having pressure or heat problems with the engine, that I should use a thru hull pickup with a strainer for just the innercooler.

Currently, all the water for my boat is coming from my IMCO drive.

Chris
I guess the important factor is that the intercoler dumps the cooling water rather than recirculates it back to the sea water plumping of the engine. The question is if that is the same or different than what Plane Silly's engine is plumbed to do.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rage
I have been advised that some of the Mercruiser Racing motors sense the oil temperature at the oil cooler output as apposed to the crank case or oil pump output pre oil cooler. The 180F oil temperature that you recorded has to be such.
I dunno... I will check it out when it gets light outside (tommorow)

Chris
Old 04-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My innercooler tee's off of the main water line, right after the raw water pump, goes thru the innercooler, and then dumps out the back of the boat.

Chris
Chris,

What is the diameter/size of the T fitting leg that feeds the intercooler? Any pictures of this item installed?

Thanks,

Bill
Old 04-28-2009, 09:04 PM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The t-fitting is installed right after the raw water pump, and feeds the inner-cooler with a 1/2 inch line.

Chris
Old 04-30-2009, 11:54 AM
Registered

Well I finally got in the mood to start working on my raft. After doing some more reading on here I got to looking at the hose that goes from the outdrive to the transom assy. It was slightly pinched up inside the gimble. I'm not sure if it was enough to cause my water flow problem but I guess its possible. I think I'm still going to put on the transom water pickup but I would like some input on the location. How far out from the center line can I go. I don't want to disrupt the water at the prop but I would think you need to be as close to the lowest point of the hull while at speed.
I would post some pics but I don't see how to do. I don't have the little paper clip at the top anymore. I will try to post them on another site and link them.
http://crowniehq.net/forum/showthrea...3900#post83900

Last edited by Plane Silly; 04-30-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

When you select "reply" to a thread the widow that opens where you type your response includes an "Additional Options" section below which includes a "Manage Attachments" button. Click that and follow the instructions to attach whatever.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rage
When you select "reply" to a thread the widow that opens where you type your response includes an "Additional Options" section below which includes a "Manage Attachments" button. Click that and follow the instructions to attach whatever.
Mine doesn't have the additional options section anymore. I think it is because I let my paid membership expire.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Plane Silly,

What is going on with your Rage upgrades?

Last edited by Rage; 05-05-2009 at 11:44 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Registered

I am holding off on the transom pickup until I do some more testing. Bob L recommended that I block off the 4 upper holes on the outdrive and see if that helps my press some. The weather has been crap here so it looks like another weed before I can get her in the water. I would still love to see a pic of a transom pickup on a Rage.

Quick Reply: Hey Plane Silly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.