Hello Guys >

Hello Guys

Notices

Hello Guys

Old 04-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello Guys

My name is Chad and have been lurking awhile. Switching from Baja to a Nordic (possibly) Have a chance @ a 2007 Heat 425 horse for 63000. Never been titled, was repoed and put on non-authorized dealer lot. Dealer is fairly large dealer and has stated they will cover the factory warranty 2-engine, lifetime-hull. I love the boat, although there is no bimini or covers of any kind. Comes with the tri-axle trailer. Going to test drive Sat. to see if it is too good to be true. I am concerned that there are no trim tabs. After reading the threads, some say yay, some say nay. My question to the peanut gallery, Is it worth it? Nordic says I can order all new canvas from them, but it is high. Anyways, Hi and thanks. Cannot wait for summer!
Old 04-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fireman1594
My name is Chad and have been lurking awhile. Switching from Baja to a Nordic (possibly) Have a chance @ a 2007 Heat 425 horse for 63000. Never been titled, was repoed and put on non-authorized dealer lot. Dealer is fairly large dealer and has stated they will cover the factory warranty 2-engine, lifetime-hull. I love the boat, although there is no bimini or covers of any kind. Comes with the tri-axle trailer. Going to test drive Sat. to see if it is too good to be true. I am concerned that there are no trim tabs. After reading the threads, some say yay, some say nay. My question to the peanut gallery, Is it worth it? Nordic says I can order all new canvas from them, but it is high. Anyways, Hi and thanks. Cannot wait for summer!
Fireman,

Tabs or no tabs, opinions are all over the place on this subject. Personally tabs are a bonus on a 28 but not a must have on this boat. They are primarly used to even out load distribution and are not much of a performance inhancer. The boat nautrally planes well and handles well without them I do like them a on 28's with more HP and speed they seem to help the boat settle in and gives the boat a little more transom lift if you don't over use them. Just one opinion of probably many.

Unlimited Marine
KY Nordic Dealer
Old 04-09-2009, 11:07 PM
jns
Registered

Chad,
Having owned 2 Checkmates myself and many friends with Baja's I will say the Nordic is far superior to both. Period! Living within 2 hours of both plants I felt connected to them.
We own an 06 Heat/496 HO with tabs. They are not needed to get on plane with what I would say is a normal load. Full fuel, full coolers and say 4 people. ( 100 - 200 lbs.)
Pulling a tube or a skier I tuck them down on take off.
Since this boat has dual tanks, if you drain one too low low, you can compensate with the tabs. If you switch tanks frequently you can compensate to get by without them.
The tabs are a preference I like, but the more time I spend in the boat the less i actually need them. At higher speeds you do not want them dragging you down. When trying to cruise at optimum MPG i pull them up!
I would suggest that if deal is good without them, then buy the boat, and try it out. Then if you feel it is a problem, add them. The cost of tabs should not be a factor on a purchase of this significance.
After going through what you are now , 3 years ago, the Nordic is the best buy I have made in many many years.
It is a head turner, efficient on fuel, and hard to find a good used one!
Tabs or no tabs are an easy after purchase fix. IMO
Jeff
Old 04-09-2009, 11:32 PM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chad,

You can get canvas cheaper at a private shop, if you look around, than you can from Nordic.

As to tabs. In my experience the Heat is so stable that they are not really needed until you get near, or over 90 mph. At that point, the boat is lifted above the inner strakes, and is riding only on the small rear pad. With experience, it is possible to balance the boat at this point, but tabs definitely help.

There are a few of us on this forum that have over 90 mph Heats, hence the in depth discussion about tabs.

On the less powerful Heats, tabs are a convenience that help balancing the boat if it is severely off balance due to load (ie all the fat people on one side). They are also nice in reducing the planing speed of the boat to sub 20mph speeds in order to pull kids on water toys. But they are definitely not a necessity.

Hope this helps,
I love my Heat... It is the best boat I have ever owned by far!

Chris

Last edited by CB-BLR; 04-09-2009 at 11:37 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:47 AM
Registered

how much do trim tabs run if added down the road?
Old 04-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on how big of tabs you get.

They range from about $800 to about $2500

With the $800 being single ram (12") stainless Lenco's etc
and the $2500 being Dana HP1000's (24") with indicators.

Chris
Old 04-10-2009, 10:02 AM
Registered

Thanks guys, I appreciate, yeah the only time I use my tabs now are to level the ride out if weight distribution is out of whack, or to pull a tuber. How slow can you go in the heat and stay on plane? I am really excited about the tesat ride tomorrow and sealing the deal.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:47 PM
Registered

Default fireman1594

Chad,

When you decide to purchase the Heat, I have a NEW light grey bimini (made by Nordic) with a white boot and I also have a 28 Heat Cover (used/great condition) - I'll give you a very good deal on both - But I must see the Bill of Sale for the Heat before I sell them...lol.

Gary
Old 04-11-2009, 09:03 AM
Registered

Apppreciate it Gary, going to do the deal today. How much you want for them? What color is the cover? Got any pics?

[email protected]

Thanks,
Chad
Old 04-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Registered

Allright guys, I am in the club! Boat ran great! Got a pretty good deal. Any "quirks" on the 28 Heat, please help a brother out. Got front and back covers for 720. One thing, there was just a hole where the stern light would be, after receiving the owners manual, I realized that it is one of those power lights that rises when powered up. They put a regular stern light "plug in pole" on. My question, they would switch it out with another in stock, Is it worth it? Running a bravo 26p 4 blade prop. Havent really had a chance to eval it, any people already down the road, I would love the insight. What up gary, what about that cover?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.