Notices

storage

Old 06-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kokopelli
I've opened up the seat bases in both Heats I've owned and there is a surprising amount of storage under there. The stringers don't get in the way at all. After cutting the opening I got some matching carpet and used contact cement to lay it in with - great place to store towels and food.
Kokopelli,
Cool. Pretty much what I was thinking about doing. Did you hold the seat bases down with velcro (I think that is "factory"?), or hinge them, like the back seat? Post those pics! My jigsaw is ready to rock.
Best Regards,
Steve
Old 06-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just finished mine yesterday. Cut holes in the bases and made
access panels to put stuff behind the seats as well. A lot of storage both places. Six screws and the entire base comes out and carpeted underneath. I used the existing panel that is between the cupholders on the top side of the base for access and cut the wood panel that supports them so i can put life jackets behind. Those panels fit snug enough that the screws that originally hold them in are not needed. A couple hours of work are WELL worth the extra storage in my opinion. Will try to get some pictures if the rain stops.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:48 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Here are some pics
Attached Thumbnails storage-storage1.jpg   storage-storage2.jpg   storage-storage3.jpg  

storage-storage4.jpg   storage-storage5.jpg  
Old 06-13-2009, 11:49 AM
Registered
VIP Member

some more
Attached Thumbnails storage-storage6.jpg   storage-storage10.jpg   storage-storage11.jpg  

storage-storage12.jpg  
Old 06-13-2009, 11:52 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Steve,
As far as the seats go, there was nothing holding mine down since I bought it new. They fit tight and never a problem. I did away with the hinge on the back seat, as the seat would flip up everytime someone stepped on the front of it. Here are some pics of what I did to it and if I have any problems with the salon seats, may do something similiar or just use velcro.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:53 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Pics
Attached Thumbnails storage-storage7.jpg   storage-storage8.jpg   storage-storage9.jpg  

Old 06-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Registered

great pics, thanks for taking time to put them up, definitely on the list of things to do to the boat!
Old 06-14-2009, 12:23 PM
Registered

Digger,
Nice work. Definitely a space saver, and you can never have enough storage on these boats.
I like it!
Thanks for taking the time to post the pics!
Steve
Old 06-14-2009, 04:53 PM
Chris
Gold Member

Wow,

These are a couple of great ideas. The more space the better in my opinion.

Thanks a lot for sharing and posting the pictures,

Chris
Old 06-14-2009, 05:25 PM
Registered
VIP Member

The only problem I have encountered is, on the older boats,
07,08 and older, the seat bases are still wood and unfinished on the back side. When I put the lifejackets behind the seat, i got some small splinters and whatnot on them when I pulled them out. The bases will be coming out and going to the upholstery guy to get covered on the back side next. The newer boats with the resin bases shouldn't have to worry about anything. My amps are going to get relocated to the starboard side behind the seat, leaving the port for storage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.