Finally did it 22 sprint with hp 525 >

Finally did it 22 sprint with hp 525

Notices

Old 08-07-2009, 12:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well the deal is done I just put an hp 525 with xr drive in I have done testing three times. I had a 7.4 mpi ( big diffrence) the only this is after 67-80 the freaking boat is either out of the water or dances around real bad. I want to get trim tabs anyone have any idea on what sixe i should get. another person was telling me to get an extention box for the drive instead. it has a lab 26pitch bravo prop
Old 08-07-2009, 01:37 AM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would guess you need an extension box... and 24 inch tabs.

Like on Nordic's 22ft ski race boat.

Chris
Old 08-07-2009, 04:54 AM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

A 26 seems to low, I would think that power on that boat will call for a 30 at least. Try a larger prop. With the boat on the trailer, trim the drive to level, notice on the gauge where that is, stay right in that area with very small adjustments. Adjust the boat till it feels flat on the water then bump it up slightly. I think you are getting too much bow lift. A larger prop will make that go away some. Tabs are a good idea.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Linster
A 26 seems to low, I would think that power on that boat will call for a 30 at least. Try a larger prop. With the boat on the trailer, trim the drive to level, notice on the gauge where that is, stay right in that area with very small adjustments. Adjust the boat till it feels flat on the water then bump it up slightly. I think you are getting too much bow lift. A larger prop will make that go away some. Tabs are a good idea.
"A larger prop will make that go away some'"........Why/how does that work?
Old 08-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

Rage

The larger the prop pitch, the more the blades become verticle. The more verticle it becomes, it has more slip and decreases the props ability to pick up the nose when trimmed. When the prop becomes more verticle, it starts cutting through the water instead of pushing through the water. I'm not saying it will eliminate it, just lessen it. I think with the 525's in the 28 Heat run 28's.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Registered

ya when i take it out all the freaking bow does is hop. a friend of mine has a five blade prop. i didnt even realize the prop has so much to do with it. it jumps out of the hole and has a top speed of almost 80 i can push it more but it gets crazy, when i trim up it gets worse
Old 08-07-2009, 11:42 PM
Registered

Congrats on the boat. This will take some seat time and some careful rigging. You don't need a 5 blade with your boat. It's too much blade area, and will probably make your handling issues worse. A blueprinted B1 in 30" range with light cup might settle the boat down some. I assume you have hydraulic steering? If not, add that asap. Tabs as mentioned above will also help. I would test in calm water conditions.
Be careful and keep us posted with your progress.
Best Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 08-07-2009 at 11:44 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Linster
Rage

The larger the prop pitch, the more the blades become verticle. The more verticle it becomes, it has more slip and decreases the props ability to pick up the nose when trimmed. When the prop becomes more verticle, it starts cutting through the water instead of pushing through the water. I'm not saying it will eliminate it, just lessen it. I think with the 525's in the 28 Heat run 28's.
Thanks.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Registered

Ya i have the full hyd steering, i just took it to a local lake today it was pretty choppy and windy I def think the boat is gonna need trim tabs but i would like to play with proping first and see what happens next
Old 08-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Registered

We need some pic!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.