thru hull exhaust & speed on a 96' scandia

Notices

thru hull exhaust & speed on a 96' scandia

Old 10-16-2009, 03:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thru hull exhaust & speed on a 96' scandia

i have a 96 scandia that had a 7.4 330 hp bravo 1...love those nordics !!!! just upgraded power to 7.4 w/425 hp done by u.s. engines. i have been watching this board for a while, but this is my 1st post....i have 2 questions for some of you nordic pros out there. 1st -my boat had 500 hrs. when i bought it and ran 58 gps (downhill with the sail up)...i just got it back yesterday and wont be able to get to the lake for another week..wondering what kind of speeds should i look for, and what would be the best prop for my set up, i currently have a 23/24p bravo 3 blade.....2nd ?- the boat did not have thru hull exh. so im doing that now (reason i cant see water for another week) i would like some feedback on the best place to put them, i would prefer to have them above waterline next to the drive, but space seems restrictive...any and all opinions will help--thanx Rydda 1.....GO NORDIC !!!
Old 10-17-2009, 12:32 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by rydda1
i have a 96 scandia that had a 7.4 330 hp bravo 1...love those nordics !!!! just upgraded power to 7.4 w/425 hp done by u.s. engines. i have been watching this board for a while, but this is my 1st post....i have 2 questions for some of you nordic pros out there. 1st -my boat had 500 hrs. when i bought it and ran 58 gps (downhill with the sail up)...i just got it back yesterday and wont be able to get to the lake for another week..wondering what kind of speeds should i look for, and what would be the best prop for my set up, i currently have a 23/24p bravo 3 blade.....2nd ?- the boat did not have thru hull exh. so im doing that now (reason i cant see water for another week) i would like some feedback on the best place to put them, i would prefer to have them above waterline next to the drive, but space seems restrictive...any and all opinions will help--thanx Rydda 1.....GO NORDIC !!!
A Nordic Rage (~Scandia + hull knotchs) runs in the high 60's open bow / low 70's closed bow or OB cover installed at lower elevations with a Merc 496HO 425hp and good atmospherics with a stock Bravo1 4 blade 26P prop.

Go to Boattraderonline .com and look for Nordic Rages. The posted pictures will show the transum exhaust location (older Rages) and the corner hull exhaust locations (newer Rages).

Last edited by Rage; 10-17-2009 at 12:42 AM.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

thanx rage!!! is there any difference in noise decible between transum located near the drive vs. corner ? from the pictures i have seen it looks like placing transum near the drive can only be done w/ them under water....any pict. out there of near drive trans. from the engine compartment as so i can maybe get some ideas. im not against corner mount...but the chrome exhaust tips look cool to me....Rydda 1
Go Nordic !!!!

c
Old 10-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rydda1
thanx rage!!! is there any difference in noise decible between transum located near the drive vs. corner ? from the pictures i have seen it looks like placing transum near the drive can only be done w/ them under water....any pict. out there of near drive trans. from the engine compartment as so i can maybe get some ideas. im not against corner mount...but the chrome exhaust tips look cool to me....Rydda 1
Go Nordic !!!!c

Another nice thing about Nordics is the exhaust is under when idle around docks, off plane. You can actually have a conversation. Corner or inside, they will still be under water. They moved to the corner on newer model Nordics, near the drive on older.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:09 PM
Registered

Rydda, here are some pics of my thru hull exhaust on my 96 Scandia.
Attached Thumbnails thru hull exhaust & speed on a 96' scandia-img00063-20091019-1516.jpg   thru hull exhaust & speed on a 96' scandia-img00064-20091019-1517.jpg   thru hull exhaust & speed on a 96' scandia-img00065-20091019-1517.jpg  

thru hull exhaust & speed on a 96' scandia-img00066-20091019-1518.jpg  
Old 10-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by SlimShayD
Rydda, here are some pics of my thru hull exhaust on my 96 Scandia.
hey shadyd....thats just the look i want also !!! how far above or under waterline r they ? i would like to be above waterline if possible, any ideas on modifications that can be done?
Old 10-19-2009, 04:42 PM
Registered

They are just under the waterline. There really isn't much room to move them up enough to get above the waterline.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by SlimShayD
They are just under the waterline. There really isn't much room to move them up enough to get above the waterline.
yeah it looks like its real congested back there......i'm taking it to teague marine first thing in the mornin'...hopefully those guys have a trick or two.....i'll let you know how it goes thanks for the help & picts.....great looking boat !!!! what kind of #'s does it turn and what hp you workin wit ?