Rage engine hatch >

Rage engine hatch

Notices

Rage engine hatch

Old 10-30-2009, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nordicguy
If your batteries are underneath your bench seat you should be able to remove those and reach down to unbolt the ram from its mount. Probably not going to be easy but this is where you could start. If that does not work then the whole bench seat needs to be removed. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Jason
Nordic Boats USA
951-734-3030
Thank you, I will give it a try. Doesn't sound like anything fun or easy, it will be next weekend before I get a chance to.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:04 PM
Registered

Default For the rest of us...

Jason for the rest of us that don't yet have this problem but are concerned about it do you have any recommendations? Is there an emergency release system on newer models that we could retrofit? Thanks.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was a manual hatch release made by (I think) one of the west coast custom hardware manufacturers.
It consisted a pin used to preplace the upper actuator to hatch bracket bolt. It had a T handle attached by a wire cable to the pin, with a mounting bracket for the T handle. The T handle would be mounted so it could be accessed to pull the pin in case of acutator or power failure.
Seems like it was made by Eddie or Rex, but I checked their websites and couldn't find it. Teague has a T handle pin with a quick release, but I don't see how you could get under the hatch with his to push the quick release.
Found a similar pin part #620-920022 on Keith Eickert's website for 19.99. Neither of these are the complete kit I had seen, but I have an idea. If they were used for the lower actuator bolt, instead of the upper, they might be accessable by removing the starboard battery.
Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 10-31-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:02 PM
Registered

I have seen the T-handle release pin before. For it to work th you would have to put some sort of whole in your bench seat (behind a cushion or possibly in the base) that allows access into the engine compartment so you would be able to reach in and pull the pin. I know that I have seen these on Hallett's before. Currently on the new ones there is nothing of the sort but it is something I will address with the factory.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Registered

I got the back seat out real easy - someone previously never rescrewed seat back to the sides. Took actuator out and took to starter/alternator shop and they tested and took apart, everthing ok with actuator. Got boat out of storage this weekend, has power going to actuator, hooked back up, and still doesn't work. Anybody have any ideas??? I also hot wired actuator to a battery and still works, Just not hooked up to boat. Ground problem? If so where should I start looking at. Would be next weekend before working on again - can't store at house - d**n neighbors.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:58 AM
Registered

Default eng hatch

we see this alot we take a seprate power sorce and jump it at the switch they have always opened !