Rage engine hatch >

Rage engine hatch

Notices

Rage engine hatch

Old 10-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rage engine hatch

My power hatch quit working - I replaced the switch did not help - Anybody know how to get hatch open or have any ideas? I am thinking the actuator has gone bad, but need to get it open to find out and to winterize boat.

Mike
Old 10-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might have to reach back on both sides of the seat, and remove the screws that go into the top of the seat from the sides... this will probably take an angle drill...then just take the screws out of the seat base... and remove the seat.

Chris
Old 10-27-2009, 07:13 PM
Registered

Are there loose wires in the back seat if so they go to the opener(they do in my 35)
Old 10-28-2009, 02:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dwane
Are there loose wires in the back seat if so they go to the opener(they do in my 35)
We just went to this movie (I had a wire break off the starter and lost all power in the boat) on my 05 Rage and there are no extra wires there to be used for powering the actuator. So I am thinking there will be none on an 02. You may be able to remove the seats as per Chris's suggestions. I would call Nordic and ask them how the hell you are going to get under the hood. Last option is cut a hole in the bulkhead under the seat so you can access the lower bolt on the actuator and remove it. Poor design on Nordics part-electrical motors do fail.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:14 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Please post what ever you find out from Nordic.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:02 PM
Registered

A buddy of mine had a fire on his magic. Header lost water, caught fire & burned the wires to the actuator. In the emergency 3 guys ripped the hatch open, ripping out the actuator screws & proceeded with the extinguisher. There should be a quick release cable, or some sort of fail safe. Better your on the trailer at least.
Maybe this is like an impeller & should be fixed before it breaks?
Old 10-28-2009, 07:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indiana Rage
My power hatch quit working - I replaced the switch did not help - Anybody know how to get hatch open or have any ideas? I am thinking the actuator has gone bad, but need to get it open to find out and to winterize boat.

Mike
What year is your Rage?

Jason
Nordic Boats USA
Old 10-28-2009, 07:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nordicguy
What year is your Rage?

Jason
Nordic Boats USA
It is a 2002.

Probably won't be until next weekend when I get to work on it.

Mike
Old 10-29-2009, 04:35 PM
Registered

Default Curiously watching...

to see what the solution to this is. This could be nightmarish if there were a fire! I'd like to hear the Nordic solution so I can take care of this before it happens to me.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indiana Rage

Mike
If your batteries are underneath your bench seat you should be able to remove those and reach down to unbolt the ram from its mount. Probably not going to be easy but this is where you could start. If that does not work then the whole bench seat needs to be removed. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Jason
Nordic Boats USA
951-734-3030

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.