prop Rotation

Notices

prop Rotation

Old 03-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat how

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
The helm is on the right to counter balance right hand prop torque in 90% of the recreational boats made. If you ran left hand rotation (particularly running by yourself) the boat would lean seriously to the right (starboard) under power, negatively affecting handling.
Exceptions to the starboard helm rule are center cockpit race boats (F1s and drag boats/circle and drag hydros), center console offshore fishing boats, and offshore cats. With the exception of F1 race tunnels and hydros, the others generally have multi engine and drive setups that cancel propeller torque through counter rotation, making them less sensitive to helm placement.
The Heat will still torque roll to the left even with the helm on the right. I try to eliminate it by running approximately 1/4 tank more gas in the starboard tank. You can tab it out, but that usually slows the boat somewhat.
Regards,
Steve
Steve I am planning a high perf. boat show / car and bike show at the Tn. State Fair grounds nov. 20-21-2010 Yea I know it is early.There will be three building,one for each show. Three shows for the price of one. I think I can get Bruse, John and some more boats. NO ski or regular boats as I dont have the room. The building will be the Vaughan, 21,000 sq. feet.This is a nice building that they have redone. Its is time to let people know what is in Music City. The boats /cars and bikes will be on cable and the dish network. We will also have a kick off at three Hooter stores the week of the show. Two boats /cars and bikes to kick off the show at Hooters. I will have awards for the boat classes. Peoples choice will win a guitar.Talk to your friends and let me know your thoughts.Nice place to get new members.
Thanks
Bobby
[email protected]
www.bobbyappleton.com
Old 03-16-2010, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by badapple2
Steve I am planning a high perf. boat show / car and bike show at the Tn. State Fair grounds nov. 20-21-2010 Yea I know it is early.There will be three building,one for each show. Three shows for the price of one. I think I can get Bruse, John and some more boats. NO ski or regular boats as I dont have the room. The building will be the Vaughan, 21,000 sq. feet.This is a nice building that they have redone. Its is time to let people know what is in Music City. The boats /cars and bikes will be on cable and the dish network. We will also have a kick off at three Hooter stores the week of the show. Two boats /cars and bikes to kick off the show at Hooters. I will have awards for the boat classes. Peoples choice will win a guitar.Talk to your friends and let me know your thoughts.Nice place to get new members.
Thanks
Bobby
[email protected]
www.bobbyappleton.com
We'll kick it around.
Steve