Heat - Windshield questions

Notices

Heat - Windshield questions

Old 03-17-2010, 01:20 AM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Heat - Windshield questions

Recently, I sold a IMCO lower unit to a fellow Heat owner in Utah. In the process of talking to him (he owns a 99 Heat), we were talking about one of the few things I don't like about my heat. (There are only two things I dont like).

One of those things, is the blasted wind in my face at higher speeds. I generally wear a full face helmet in order to see while engaging the warp drive (over 90).

He commented that the 1999 and older Heats had taller windshields, and that this significantly helps with the wind factor as compared to the newer Heats. He further stated that the older windshields would bolt onto the newer Heats.

I looked on boat trader, and sure enough, the older (pre-2000) Heats look like they indeed have taller windshields.

What can anyone else tell me about this issue.

Chris

p.s. the other thing I dont like about my boat is the corner exhausts. They look really cool, but are louder than he**, and I like quiet. If the boat was silent, and went over 100, I would be stoked!

Last edited by CB-BLR; 03-17-2010 at 01:31 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO 1 or 2 inches will not help you one bit ....I don`t like the wind in my face either so I bought a real nice set of deflector shields ....I can`t post pictures here but I can E mail you pictures...
Here is my E mail address
[email protected]
Old 03-17-2010, 07:26 AM
Registered

Not sure about the heat, but the Scandia vs Rage ws is taller. I had a 99 Scandia before the Rage, but little difference, of course the Rage is faster & may amplify effects. I have installed on the Rage "windflaps". They are hinged plexiglass pieces matched to ws and make night/day difference. Cruising @ 55-60 & I can hear my passangers talk and the stereo. They don't look to bad either & can fold away. Don't know where they came from, but hinges with a locking groove & thumb screw simply clamp to top of ws.
I think I met that 28, Tim I believe. His WS was broken, probably how he found out the size thing.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CB-BLR
Recently, I sold a IMCO lower unit to a fellow Heat owner in Utah. In the process of talking to him (he owns a 99 Heat), we were talking about one of the few things I don't like about my heat. (There are only two things I dont like).

One of those things, is the blasted wind in my face at higher speeds. I generally wear a full face helmet in order to see while engaging the warp drive (over 90).

He commented that the 1999 and older Heats had taller windshields, and that this significantly helps with the wind factor as compared to the newer Heats. He further stated that the older windshields would bolt onto the newer Heats.

I looked on boat trader, and sure enough, the older (pre-2000) Heats look like they indeed have taller windshields.

Chris

p.s. the other thing I dont like about my boat is the corner exhausts. They look really cool, but are louder than he**, and I like quiet. If the boat was silent, and went over 100, I would be stoked!
Chris,
Check out the old "windshield on a 28 Heat?" thread I brought back up for you.
Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 03-17-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:57 AM
OCM
Registered

So if the factory made a taller windshield. Like they have done on the 29 Escape. Then customers say they dont like the look .

(silent, and went over 100, I would be stoked!) Now thats really hard to do.!!!!!

Tim
oregoncustommarine.com
Old 03-17-2010, 11:32 AM
Chris
Gold Member

Yup... silent and over 100 mph...

I have a dream.....

Chris
Old 03-17-2010, 12:42 PM
Registered

Does anyone make a slip in exhaust muffler that will fit the rage and heat side exhaust. I would really like to run with a little less noise at times.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CB-BLR

Chris

Hey Chris
I beleive that was my friend that I sold my old 1998 heat to that you spoke to here in Utah. In 2004 I replace the windshield on that boat with the new shorter one, the older windshieds where 29'' tall and the new ones are 22". I am 5'10'' tall and it was hard to see over so I replaced it with a newer shorter one. The fit is the same you just have to drill new holes. I still have the old one and it is like new I would gladly trade you if there was some way to ship them but I don't think it could be done without scratching them.
p.s. hows the engine coming
John
Old 03-17-2010, 08:01 PM
Chris
Gold Member

I should be getting my motor back from Dustin on Monday.

Chris

p.s. let me think on the windshield thing.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Registered

Do you know how much power it made on the dyno?

Also the lower windshield on my 98 made it look alot sleeker, I would not change if I was you.
John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.