Notices

Rage Qs

Old 04-04-2010, 11:47 AM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rage
Mike,

Exactly how did you go about installing through bolts from the boat floor to attach the engine dividers?
Mike,

I believe that he is talking about through bolting the dividers through the rear of the seat base... but if you needed to through bolt them into the deck... you would have to install one of the round access ports in the floor.. on each side.. to gain access to the under-side of the floor panel.

I personally like the idea of bolting one of the large (soft plastic), tupperware, storage totes into each side of the engine compartment for fenders, ropes and such... that way when they start to look ratty... you just replace them... cheap and easy.

Chris
Old 04-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CB-BLR
Mike,

I believe that he is talking about through bolting the dividers through the rear of the seat base... but if you needed to through bolt them into the deck... you would have to install one of the round access ports in the floor.. on each side.. to gain access to the under-side of the floor panel.

I personally like the idea of bolting one of the large (soft plastic), tupperware, storage totes into each side of the engine compartment for fenders, ropes and such... that way when they start to look ratty... you just replace them... cheap and easy.

Chris
The seat base thru bolt attachment explains the easy method. I have the factory engine dividers lag bolted to the floor. I use plastic tubs in the ski locker for general storage control. Not a bad idea for the engine compartment as well.