Notices

Winter Flame Projects Complete; Some Preliminary Results

Old 06-24-2010, 03:33 PM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nordicflame
Yes that did come up in our many conversations

Maybe you guys have some ideas here. I'm still having a small problem with a lean area around 4000-4300 rpm (13.3:1).
Not when I'm powering thru but when I just hold it there. Seems like it just goes back into vacuum far enough to close the PV there. As soon as I touch the throttle she goes rich again which is good. I'm hesitant to fix my rich cruise and WOT until I get this resolved.
The original jetting/PV setup was 82 square and 4.5PV front/rear. The mfr suggested I try 6.5PVs to see if it kept it richer there but it didn't help.

I thinking of going back to the 4.5 PVs with 82 jets in the primaries and plugging the PV and install 90s in the secondary. Just a thought...
A power valve usually adds about 8 jet sizes. Going to 90 and plugging the valve should be equal. Do you know at what RPM the secondaries begin to open? They should be opening at that RPM. Try putting some 84's in the secondary only, if it gets better see what it does elsewhere. Thats the problem with carbs. You need to WOT right, then make everything else just be happy.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nordicflame
Just into the secondaries... (I can feel the secondary spring)
Go to the next stiffer power valve on the secondaries to keep it richer in the transition area.

Chris
CB-BLR
Old 06-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by eastsideoffshore
Go to the next stiffer power valve on the secondaries to keep it richer in the transition area.

Chris
CB-BLR
Went from 4.5 to 6.5s. No difference.