Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Registered
    My Boats:
    2005 Nordic Rage

Trim/Hydraulic Ram Question

This is probably not Nordic specific but the boat is an '05 Rage with a 496 HO mated to a Bravo 1X. On our recent trip I lost the nut, washer, and outer rubber gromet on the port side hydraulic ram mounting point closest to the transom. I have the replacement parts, which were surprisingly inexpensive. I thought this was going to be a quick easy fix, and it might be, but I appear to be working against hydraulic pressure getting the mounting point back onto the still in place internal rubber gromet. I've thought of putting some type of lubricant on that rubber piece and trying to muscle it back into place but it looks to be about a 1/4" out of going back into place.

I'm betting somone's dealt with this before? I'm hoping this process doesn't include draining hydraulic fluid.

Thanks for your help.

Registered
    My Boats:
    2005 Nordic Rage

Problem Solved

Once trimed up the ram lined up and allowed installation of the new gromet, washer, nut, and cap. Five minute fix.

Registered
    My Boats:
    2007 Nordic Heat 28 w/525hp
    hey where did you get the gromets?? I need to change all them out. mine are wearing and the steering is getting sloppy> thank you Clinton

Registered
    My Boats:
    2005 Nordic Rage

Got one local

but, if you're replacing all of them I'd bet you'll have to order them.