Got me a new '82 Viking 26 >

Got me a new '82 Viking 26

Notices

Got me a new '82 Viking 26

Old 10-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got me a new '82 Viking 26

ahhhh...I'ma boat owner now...finally....

...but the boat is in OK shape...dang controls are monuted on the left hand side...lol...

it's named Yellow Fever, and has been at Lake Powell a bunch...

just bought a bimini top for it and a johnrude '99 8hp 4 stroke for "kicks"... getting stereo equipment ready to install...gonna buy some vinyl to try and modernize the paint job without killing the classic look (just changing the pin striping maybe)...it has the woodie scheme on the cabin and is...yellow.

so I reckon the boat with trailer weighs in at 5000lbs...and unfortunately I only have a 3.4liter 2wd toyota tundra (2001)

looks like I'll be boating at Lake Mary in Flagstaff for a while until I figure out whether I can even pull it up and out of the boat ramp... I have a 1976 dodge w100 4wd as a snow plow that could pull the boat locally ... but worried about long trips

anyone ever see a toyota 3.4 liter pull heavy boats sucessfully? It would be at the Gross weight of 9000pounds for my v6 tundra to pull it...

also apparently the surge brakes don't work on the TrailRite trailer.....would those be easy to repair?

I'm guessing I'll need a new truck now...

Last edited by bounce; 10-08-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:41 PM
sandman
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

definately a classic