Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thread: any nordic guys

Registered

Banana any nordic guys

Just bought a 07 25'' rage it needs power . Looking at mercruiser 500efi motor to buy. I have a bravo 1 drive with a 1.65 gear. With this engine and gear what kind of speed should I get and what prop. I have always ran 3 blades on my baja's.

Registered
    My Boats:
    07 Nordic Rage 4 *sold*
    Quote Originally Posted by davo78 View Post
    Just bought a 07 25'' rage it needs power . Looking at mercruiser 500efi motor to buy. I have a bravo 1 drive with a 1.65 gear. With this engine and gear what kind of speed should I get and what prop. I have always ran 3 blades on my baja's.
    Welcome..
    I'm running a 07 rage with the 496Ho, bravo 1 X and a labbed 27 4 blade and running 75 gps. I'm sure with a 500 efi the #'s would look a lot better.
    For the drive I'm sure you have a Bravo X on there but check into the HP ratings with going with a higher Hp motor. What was/happened to previous motor?
    bravo 1 400 hp
    bravo 1 X 425 hp
    Bravo 1 XR 600 hp.

Got any pics?
    Last edited by mreedy; 11-15-2010 at 01:02 PM.

Registered
    I bought boat minus motor, thought about building carbed motor but really want to go efi for fuel milage and less wrenching. Not sure how to attach pics or i would.

Registered
    My Boats:
    2005 Nordic Heat
    You need to be a paid member to post pictures.

Registered
    My Boats:
    07 Nordic Rage 4 *sold*
    You can go to photobucket.com (Free) and upload pics there, then copy/paste the IMG Code here for pictures.

Registered
    My Boats:
    2005 Nordic Rage

That's pretty good speed...

how does you boat do getting on plane? I have an '05 with the 425HO and I run a 4 blade 26 labbed. My kids love skiing, tubing, and wakeboarding. I'm curious if I could get away with a 27? I'm considering a P5X too.

Quote Originally Posted by mreedy View Post
    Welcome..
    I'm running a 07 rage with the 496Ho, bravo 1 X and a labbed 27 4 blade and running 75 gps. I'm sure with a 500 efi the #'s would look a lot better.
    For the drive I'm sure you have a Bravo X on there but check into the HP ratings with going with a higher Hp motor. What was/happened to previous motor?
    bravo 1 400 hp
    bravo 1 X 425 hp
    Bravo 1 XR 600 hp.

Got any pics?

Registered
    My Boats:
    07 Nordic Rage 4 *sold*
    Honestly the prop is not mine. It's a Spinelli Bros 27 and a buddy has been letting me run it. Its a set and he is having a hard time letting go.
    Ive tested a labbed 26 from BBlades and hit 73 with more RPM to go; they say they can get more out of it for me so I'll be checking into that next season.
    I have kids and pull tubes and ski's fairly easy but its all in the Tabs. the tabs are the Dana HP 1000, 12" wide and 24" long. Put them down and you'll come out flat.

Here's a pic of them.

Registered
    My Boats:
    2005 Nordic Rage

Those are sweet!

That looks expensive. How much do those cost me?

Gold Member Gold Member DesertRage's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Rage Baby!
    Keep in mind with your 1.65 drive you'll run about a size larger prop then the guys with the more common 1.50. Like a 28 instead of a 26 bravo...

I have tried a few and for the price, a factory merc labbed bravo 1 works the best on mine.

Whats your elevation?
    Last edited by DesertRage; 11-19-2010 at 09:11 AM.