Fender and Bow Cover Questions - Nordic

Old 11-27-2010, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fender and Bow Cover Questions - Nordic

No pic posting for me over here so here are links to the pics on PB:

http://www.performanceboats.com/html...ad.php?t=78171

http://www.performanceboats.com/html...ad.php?t=78172

The short version is that the fenders on the roadrunner trailer seem very low ie. not much function in getting the boat on the trailer correctly

and

Bow Cover - don't think I made my expectations clear about the bow cover but I need opinions from y'all about me wanting it under the rails and flat with no pole in the middle.

Appreciate your thoughts.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Dwayne,
Sorry that cover didnt' turn out as you anticipated. I'll let the upholstery guy know you want to change it and whenever you have an opportunity to bring the boat up for a couple of days we'll get him to redo it the way you envisioned it. Also, it doesn't really matter what others think anyway. It's what YOU like. You want it under the rails, we'll put it there.... I still believe it needs a pole or it will collect water.

Bob

Originally Posted by XX14
No pic posting for me over here so here are links to the pics on PB:

http://www.performanceboats.com/html...ad.php?t=78171

http://www.performanceboats.com/html...ad.php?t=78172

The short version is that the fenders on the roadrunner trailer seem very low ie. not much function in getting the boat on the trailer correctly

and

Bow Cover - don't think I made my expectations clear about the bow cover but I need opinions from y'all about me wanting it under the rails and flat with no pole in the middle.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Last edited by bobl; 11-28-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:20 PM
Registered

Default Thanks Bob

I wasn't mentioning names because I didn't want to throw anyone under the bus. If you take a look at that link there's an example of what I was thinking. I appreciate the flexibility.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:28 PM
Registered

I agree with under rail. I have a snap in the center when I need to use the pole. If no rain I do not use pole, but if rain is expected I go and put pole in. I do not think you can get it tight enough where water will not puddle in the middle.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:49 PM
Registered

Default What about when you're running down the lake?

Do you have the pole in or is the profile flat? I understand a pole is necessary to stop water from pooling. Could y'all please describe the snap on the pole?

Mine is going to get redone and I'd like the profile to be very flat for having it on for when we don't have kids with us. It also stops the wind tunnel effect with the mid-cabin.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:27 AM
Registered

It has same kind of snap that is used to hold the cover to the boat. Instead of snaping the to the boat you snap it to the pole if using it. Cover is pulled tight and as close to flat as you can get and being able to snap the cover on. When concerned about rain the pole is used and it just raises the center up so the water will run off.