Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Registered

Havasu Desert Storm

Hello Nordic Family members.I will be at Desert Storm and have a question about the lake.I was there last year and started to go up to Pirates Cove.I was spooked with the shallow water and turned back. I ended up staying around the island area.What can you tell me about the trip North.Is it safe or should I stay south where the water is deeper.Pirates cove looks like a very cool place.

going north

Alot depends on the water level. You can tell if the water is up by the amount of sand against the walls in the channel. If the water is up you can make it up there. I have a 28 foot deep vee and go up when water is up. There a couple tricky areas, but if water is up your good. my rule is once you get though the mouth, (going up river) stay up on plan.

dave

Registered
    My Boats:
    '02 Nordic Rage / Whipple HP 500 EFI
    Follow someone up through the shallow.