Stereo pics >

Stereo pics

Notices

Stereo pics

Old 05-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo pics

Does anyone have a good suggestion on a place to put speakers in the cockpit?? I was gonna do 2-7" and 2-10" under the rear seat and 1-7" under the shifter and one under the passenger cup holder, but the water tank is behind the passenger side.. Any good suggestions??

Gonna put 2-7's in the cabin and 2 in the front which are no big deal..

Derek
Old 05-09-2011, 10:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bullittcustoms
Does anyone have a good suggestion on a place to put speakers in the cockpit?? I was gonna do 2-7" and 2-10" under the rear seat and 1-7" under the shifter and one under the passenger cup holder, but the water tank is behind the passenger side.. Any good suggestions??

Derek
i just got finished cutting all the holes for mine... there's room for 1 in between the passenger seat and the passenger cup holder. center line would be the point of the passenger cup holder. also room for 1 on the drivers side in the actual fiberglass under the throttles.

also i put 1 down low on each side up front. you can fit 1 under the water tank but fw of the gas tank and the same on the drivers side. (there's just more room on the drivers side since there's no water tank. center line on the lower speaker was in line w/ the foot rest on both sides... then 5.5" back i believe... i can get you some pictures of that when i get my boat back from having the risers extended.

then i did 2 in the rear facing panel inside the cup holder area in the rear. i did boxes for each one.

then 2 more under the rear seat along w/ 2 square kicker solobaric 12's

including the cabin speakers that's 10 mids for me, i'm also doing 2 alpine PDX series digital class D amps.

here's a pic of the rear speakers in the cup holder area.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 05R1
i just got finished cutting all the holes for mine... there's room for 1 in between the passenger seat and the passenger cup holder. center line would be the point of the passenger cup holder. also room for 1 on the drivers side in the actual fiberglass under the throttles.

also i put 1 down low on each side up front. you can fit 1 under the water tank but fw of the gas tank and the same on the drivers side. (there's just more room on the drivers side since there's no water tank. center line on the lower speaker was in line w/ the foot rest on both sides... then 5.5" back i believe... i can get you some pictures of that when i get my boat back from having the risers extended.

then i did 2 in the rear facing panel inside the cup holder area in the rear. i did boxes for each one.

then 2 more under the rear seat along w/ 2 square kicker solobaric 12's

including the cabin speakers that's 10 mids for me, i'm also doing 2 alpine PDX series digital class D amps.

here's a pic of the rear speakers in the cup holder area.

Very Nice Ned!! I thought this was gonna be a easy deal until I started looking closely..
Those Alpine amps rock... I just put 2 400's in a sleekcraft I have for sale and they sound great..
Post some pics when you get a chance if you don't mind..

Derek
Old 05-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Registered

Very Nice Ned!! I thought this was gonna be a easy deal until I started looking closely..
Those Alpine amps rock... I just put 2 400's in a sleekcraft I have for sale and they sound great..
Post some pics when you get a chance if you don't mind..

Derek
ya, it should sound pretty good...

i'm doing a PDX 1.1000 for the L5's and PDX 4.150 for the mids

i found the only easy way to put the mids in the side is to pull the panels... i did boxes behind the lower mids up front too... for more midbass... plus, it was a good excuse since i had to pull pull the side panels to run my fuel return lines.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 05R1
ya, it should sound pretty good...

i'm doing a PDX 1.1000 for the L5's and PDX 4.150 for the mids

i found the only easy way to put the mids in the side is to pull the panels... i did boxes behind the lower mids up front too... for more midbass... plus, it was a good excuse since i had to pull pull the side panels to run my fuel return lines.
OH MAN!! I knew you were gonna say you have to pull the panels.. How hard of a deal is that? My mechanics monkeys that put the rear seat back in didn't put half the screws in it, if that has to be pulled..I was thinking about the alpine marine 7" speakers. You heard anything good, bad, or ugly about them? I think nordic uses some alpine stuff now, i seen an alpine remote in the new 28SS..

Derek
Old 05-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Registered

OH MAN!! I knew you were gonna say you have to pull the panels.. How hard of a deal is that? My mechanics monkeys that put the rear seat back in didn't put half the screws in it, if that has to be pulled..I was thinking about the alpine marine 7" speakers. You heard anything good, bad, or ugly about them? I think nordic uses some alpine stuff now, i seen an alpine remote in the new 28SS..

Derek
ya, if you look in the background above the speaker in that picture you can see the panel is leaning up against my trailer fender

removing the panel wasn't THAT bad, just time consuming... i was able to do it w/o removing the seats but my motor was out. after the back seat is removed, it's really not that bad. there are a couple screws that up front on the drivers side that are a little tricky to get to cause you have to do it from the cabin side.

you really don't HAVE to remove the panels unless you want to do boxes behind the speakers like i did... also, doing a decent job on the speakers i installed in the cup holder area would be tricky w/ the panel installed since the fuel tank breather hose is right behind them. you could do the fronts no sweat tho.

i'm not familiar w/ the alpine 7" marine, i chose the MB Quart marine one cause they got great reviews and were reasonably priced...

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...16-NKF116.html
Old 05-13-2011, 12:41 PM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Derek

The subs work great under the seat. The 7" under the seat will not perform well. They need to be installed higher in the boat for better sound. I did the same on mine. You could hardly hear them so I moved them and added 2 more subs. These are 6.5" in the sides. Before you cut the one by the throttles look behind it for the fuel fill hose. The amp is in the cabin and sterring wheel for 4 component speakers.
Attached Thumbnails Stereo pics-img_1038.jpg   Stereo pics-img_1039.jpg   Stereo pics-img_1037.jpg  

Stereo pics-img_1036.jpg  

Last edited by Linster; 05-13-2011 at 01:06 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

The sub amp in the cabin is on top, the other component amp is below. I used 1" spacers to help keep the amps cool. Through bolt them, don't use screws with spacers. When I had the amps without the spacers they would sometimes overheat. Speakers in the doorway of the cabin. Rear speakers. The ones angled towards the back really blast. The systems really kicks. I like the JL equipment. Sub amp is 500/1. Component is a M-4500.
Attached Thumbnails Stereo pics-img_1034.jpg   Stereo pics-img_1041.jpg   Stereo pics-img_1035.jpg  

Last edited by Linster; 05-13-2011 at 01:21 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Off the Radar
Platinum Member

Derek
I did not pull any side panels. Use a dremel tool. You can fish the wires with a electricians pull. The alpine reciever is supposed to be the best. When I did mine they did not have a remote so I went with Sony. I think JL is the best speaker and amps for better bass. MB Quart is great for a crisper treble sound. Good Luck.

Last edited by Linster; 05-13-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Linster
The sub amp in the cabin is on top, the other component amp is below. I used 1" spacers to help keep the amps cool. Through bolt them, don't use screws with spacers. When I had the amps without the spacers they would sometimes overheat. Speakers in the doorway of the cabin. Rear speakers. The ones angled towards the back really blast. The systems really kicks. I like the JL equipment. Sub amp is 500/1. Component is a M-4500.
i like the speakers in the doorway of the cabin, i think i'm going to move the ones i have under the rear seat up there.