Nordic Heat Question??? >

Nordic Heat Question???

Notices

Nordic Heat Question???

Old 06-18-2011, 12:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nordic Heat Question???

Hey guys just bought a nordic heat with no eng or outdrive, need some work interior and some gel coat repair but all in all it should be a good boat when done,

Heres the deal i have the hp525 pkg on my sprint and want to remove all that stuff and put it in the heat, is this boat gonna need trim tabs? I ask because my sprint road like **** with the 525 in it...

Also if anyone has some pix of there rigging post them up if u can so i can get some ideas

One more thing how does the boat do with the 525, what kind of mph we looking at and is it enough power?
Old 06-18-2011, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by powdercoat777
Hey guys just bought a nordic heat with no eng or outdrive, need some work interior and some gel coat repair but all in all it should be a good boat when done,

Heres the deal i have the hp525 pkg on my sprint and want to remove all that stuff and put it in the heat, is this boat gonna need trim tabs? I ask because my sprint road like **** with the 525 in it...

Also if anyone has some pix of there rigging post them up if u can so i can get some ideas

One more thing how does the boat do with the 525, what kind of mph we looking at and is it enough power?
What year hull is it? Step or pre step?
The 525EFI (which only came in the step hulls) typically runs in the mid to upper 70s with a good prop and setup. It should handle fine with or without tabs, but I would recommend them and full hydraulic steering.
The Heat can take a lot more power, it will handle rough water much better than your Sprint, and will be a better boat all around.
I'll find some engine compartment and transom pics for you.
Good luck with your project!
Regards,
Steve
Old 06-18-2011, 09:30 AM
Registered

engine compartments
Attached Thumbnails Nordic Heat Question???-new-motor-1.jpg   Nordic Heat Question???-new-motor-3.jpg   Nordic Heat Question???-boat-pics-003-small-.jpg  

Nordic Heat Question???-boat-pics-034.jpg   Nordic Heat Question???-boat-pics-047.jpg  
Old 06-18-2011, 09:44 AM
Registered

There is a big difference in X dimension (high) on the 2000+ boats, and the earlier pad vees (low) 1999 and older. Most of us with the newer boats are running spacers to lower the drive. Some people (with bigger HP) are running shortys on the pad vees.
I changed my tabs out. I never liked the way the factory mounted the Bennetts near the drive. I moved a set of Eddies out to the chines and they work great there.
Attached Thumbnails Nordic Heat Question???-spacer.jpg   Nordic Heat Question???-tab-removal.jpg   Nordic Heat Question???-new-tabs-001.jpg  

Nordic Heat Question???-tabs-install-001.jpg   Nordic Heat Question???-tabs-install-003.jpg  

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 06-18-2011 at 10:07 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:52 AM
Registered

it has a step hull, i already know im gonna have to spread my exhaust out for the hyd steering gonna suck but gotta be done
Old 06-18-2011, 11:44 PM
Registered

it has a step hull, i already know im gonna have to spread my exhaust out for the hyd steering gonna suck but gotta be done
I have a 2000 heat and was able to squeeze the imco narrow dual ram kit in-between the exhaust and drive

Old 06-19-2011, 09:20 AM
Chris
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 05R1
I have a 2000 heat and was able to squeeze the imco narrow dual ram kit in-between the exhaust and drive

x2

The IMCO narrow dual ram kit will fit in between the stock exhaust location and the drive...I have done several Heats and a Rage this way.

Chris
Old 06-19-2011, 01:45 PM
Registered

my hyd steering came off a magic deck boat will the rams be the same?
Old 06-19-2011, 06:14 PM
Registered

my hyd steering came off a magic deck boat will the rams be the same?
All depends on the length of the rams. Unfortunately most used kits have you mount the rams where the exhaust is located on my heat so I just went w a new kit. How long are your rams?
Old 12-08-2011, 10:04 AM
Registered

TTT
az350 here you go. There are more, but this should help.
Regards,
Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.