Rage or Thor??

Notices

Rage or Thor??

Old 09-09-2011, 04:22 PM
JFT
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rage or Thor??

The summer came to an end here in Canada and today, the Nordic 22’ had to be stored for the winter.

What a blast I had with this boat! The 496 HO proved to be a beast giving the boat lightening accelerations and top speeds in the 82-84 MPH range

I have to admit that sometimes when the lake was busy with waves (2 to 3’) coming in all directions, I felt that I wanted a bigger boat to cruise more comfortably with the passengers and have a little bit more space as well. The rough ride actually annoyed me quite a bit and I could see larger boats that cruised more comfortably than I was.

I have therefore decided to move up to either a new Rage 25’ Open Bow or Thor 27’ Open Bow. My preference is the Thor for its style but I have read that it can be quite uncomfortable on choppy water. If it is the case, I would stay away from it.

I am looking for your advice if I should opt for the Rage (V) or Thor (Tunnel ).

Once we have settled this issue, we’ll talk about engine selection.

Thanks

Jeff
Old 09-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Registered

Hello Jeff I just wanted to ask if you have considered a 28' heat? That is what I have and it is an amazing hull, It will glide right over any wake with no problem. A buddy of mine has a rage and he even says wow that is a much smoother ride. Just wanted to throw it out there, the heat is alot more $ though.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Registered

All of the Rage's I have seen have been in about the same price range as a early 2000's Heat. Of course if you are considering a Thor, I am sure you can go either way. Those are a lot more expensive from my searches. Beautiful 22 btw!
Old 09-10-2011, 07:05 AM
Registered

Thor hands down I have had a thor and a heat and the thor blows the heat away in everything from ride to speed to handleing
Old 09-10-2011, 07:06 AM
Registered

The rage is not even close
Old 09-10-2011, 09:39 AM
JFT
Registered

Thank you for the feedback so far.

The following video review of the Thor really got me worried about its comfort in choppy water.

Listen to their comments in the in the 14min+ part of the video.

http://www.performanceboats.com/vide...boat-test.html

Jeff
Old 09-11-2011, 12:59 AM
Registered

I rode next to that boat (i mean the same boat in the review) during the Nordic regatta last year and that boat is smooth: its night and day difference when it comes to smooth ride compared to my rage. I have the same 525 in my rage. We ran up lake havasu together and that boat was not even rocking in the chop compared to my rage. I think in the review they where comparing it to other cats, not v bottoms. I also think the carbon fiber gives the boat a stiffer more connected to the water ride than the standard construction due to material differences. I think that review boat is for sale on the nordic site. I would also look at the new 28ss if you don't need the open bow. Just my 2 cents
Old 09-11-2011, 02:54 AM
Registered

Where are you located? I have a friend that is looking for a 22 just like yours.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:34 AM
JFT
Registered

Originally Posted by xcpilot
Where are you located? I have a friend that is looking for a 22 just like yours.
Quebec City
Old 10-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Registered

If you are looking for a Thor I just posted one on the site that is killer. Check it out. 700 SCI with Teague touches.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.