great fiberglass, gel work in Nashville

Notices

great fiberglass, gel work in Nashville

Old 10-19-2011, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default great fiberglass, gel work in Nashville

Hi Guys,
I know our forum reaches out across the country, and this may not apply to some of you at distance from Nashville, but for our TN, KY, NC, IN, OH, AL friends, as well as the Nashville Nordic Navy.................
My boat just turned 10 years old this year, and despite always being in covered storage, and/or covered with the full cover, I was starting to get some haze in my deck stripes.
They are purple fading to almost black, so they get really hot.
I was able to keep it polished/buffed out myself until this summer. I recently took my boat to Danny Towe here (in Inglewood) to see what he could do. To say the least it, I am blown away with what he does. After a little of his work, the boat looks brand new. Danny has done work for several of us here, and it always turns out well.
Danny can handle fiberglass, gel coat, and custom paint. He also can work on your car/truck and motorcycle.
Since we are in the off season, it's a good time to give him a call. His cell is 615-390-7778.
Just a quick shout out for a professional who can make your toys look shiney and new ......
Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 10-19-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear you got taken care of well. My colors are still spot on, but I do have some spots that the gelcoat is spider webbed out. Only in two spots, but it bothers me a lot. So, yeah, just waiting in pics now Steve
Old 10-19-2011, 09:41 AM
Registered

Hi Jay,
Still in his shop. The weather was awful yesterday, so I didn't want to get it out in 5:00 traffic and a thunderstorm. Also, I had forgotten to tell Danny about one of my lift strakes that met some lake trash. He's cleaning that and a minor dock ding up for me now.
I'll try to get some pics Friday.
Regards,
Steve
Old 10-19-2011, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha, thanks Steve. I am having to live vicariously through you all right now since I am 5000 miles from my Nordic
Old 10-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Registered

Be careful Jay. I thought you were back overseas.
We'll try to keep you entertained.
Regards,
Steve
Old 11-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Registered

New pics. The deck was begining to get hazy, particulary in the purple fading to black stripes. Now it looks better than new. He also fixed a few dock dings and a scrapped up lift strake.
I also asked Danny to paint my gauge rims yellow, which was no problem for him.
They do have to come out of the dash for this, and I recommend you take pictures of the backside of your dash to make re-installation easier. The alternative is a $1K box of new gauges from Livorsi. This was a LOT less....
Happy Thanksgiving,
Steve
Attached Thumbnails great fiberglass, gel work in Nashville-beforedash.jpg   great fiberglass, gel work in Nashville-afterdash.jpg   great fiberglass, gel work in Nashville-newdeck.jpg  

great fiberglass, gel work in Nashville-sideprofile.jpg  

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 11-06-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:14 AM
Chris
Gold Member

Steve,

Your boat looks fantastic!

I really like the yellow guage rims...definately looks updated!

Chris
Old 11-07-2011, 07:35 AM
Registered

Thanks Chris. Danny is really great with an airbrush. I am sure he would do the same for anyone else if you wanted to send him your gauges.
At one time, Livorsi had a program where you could send your gauges back to them and they would rebuild them with new colored rims and dials. I really like the black carbon fiber dials.
I was thinking yellow rims, black carbon fiber dials, with my existing purple bezels.
I had to order a new GPS speedo back in the spring, so I asked the salesman if they still did that. He said "We don't encourage it, it's a lot of labor. You should just sell your gauges, and we'll sell you a new set at a good price".
So, I don't have the black carbon fiber dials, but I am hundreds of dollars ahead by having my rims painted.
If anyone is interested in having Danny do this for you, just give him a call at the # above.
Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 11-07-2011 at 11:35 AM.