35 flame vs 35 fountain >

35 flame vs 35 fountain

Notices

35 flame vs 35 fountain

Old 12-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bar3
Hi Steve, Yes, I usually do refrain from posting on here. Although your buddy Chris poked at me on this subject matter so I had to chime in... I have "a little" experience with the Fountain's.

Best Regards
Ben Robertson III
Benny,
Of course you are familiar with Fountains, and obviously you like/prefer them. Rather than give flyingJ some objective information on both boats (which I did), you took the low road and made a sacastic remark about them not competeing in Manufacturers 2, which has been dead for years, and that you would rather have a 10 year old Fountain than a new Nordic.
I didn't tell flyingJ Nordic won men's and women's open at Catalina 2 months ago, against competition from Fountain, Cigarette, etc., nor did I tell him to buy from the company that is still in business. I didn't tell him to buy from the company who had the fastest single engine tunnel at LOTO. That's not what he is looking for.
It's possible to talk up your products if you want to, without denigrating the competiton.
I do respect your tunnel racing skills, and although it's history now, Reggie's too. He, Earl, and Bill were the best in their day.
Regards,
Steve
Old 12-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Registered

If LOTO is as rough as they say I wouldn't pick either. The Fountain is small and the Nordic is a better flat water boat.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve,
FlyingJ asked about ride, size, speed, quality... You are correct in your statement that a 35 Fountain is about a 32' hull, and I will add that a 38 is a more like a 35' hull length. The cockpit on the Fountains are a little more narrow than the Nordic, but I cannot tell you how nice it is to be able to walk around it when you need to dock it. As far as speed, handling, and the ride go, a Fountain will not be beat by anything else.

My reference to the older, "dead", factory 2 class was brought up because flyingJ was asking about a 10 year old boat, and 10 years ago factory 2 class was great, over 30 boats at the bigger races. I don't remember seeing a single Nordic competing. So that is my "objective" information which pertained to where the racing circuit was the proving grounds for the "Factories" in these classes.

Nordic builds a great boat I will not take that from them at all. I was not being negative to them either, but if you are talking about speed, quality, and handling there is no comparison. If you are boating in the lakes and rivers they are good. The ski race is more about the skier and not the boat. Most of the boats that run that are capable of almost doubling their average speeds if it wasn't for a skier behind them, I am pretty sure that the Nordic that won could also run quite a bit faster than they did too.

I do love Nordic's 28 cat, that is a VERY nice boat. I like Chris's 28 too, and if I was in the market for either a 28 cat of v, I would honestly buy a Nordic. I just don't think that their 35 compares to any of the competition.

Best Regards
Ben
Old 12-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I have owned three 35 Nordic's and wouldn't have traded any of them for a 35 Fountain (any year). Fit, finish and better overall looks is one of the reasons another is Nordic is still making boats\replacement parts. I will say however,the 35 fountain has much better manners in big water.

The 100 mph plus speeds Chris is referencing was the staggered version which was basically to two seat boat. No room in cockpit or cabin.

Just my 2 cents
Old 12-04-2011, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Flying J to sum this up so far. "Brand A is unquestionably superior to Brand B because I own Brand A and anyone involved with Brand B is to be considered a diptard." For our lake, you will want to make a decision about how important the ride is from 4pm Friday to 4pm Sunday from Memorial weekend to Shootout Weekend. (The rest of time it's irrelevant.) If you want nice ride during those times, go big, deep, conventional and heavy. If you want fun and air time, go smaller, lighter, stepped or cat. For the record, I own Brand C which is the perfect LOTO boat and unquestionably better than both Brand A AND Brand B.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:54 AM
Registered

Wow, all of that said by everyone, and still, the only thing the guy needs to do is get in one of each. Everyone can talk till they are blue in the face about their brand (I am a Nordic fan), but it is all subjective. F J may not give a darn about top speed, he may not care which has the better hole shot. If we were all concerned with having the top speed, having the best hole shot, handling the water the best, well, there would be one manufacturer or boat and we would all own it. Same in the car world. Cant say a Porsche is the end all of sports cars, because obviously people still buy Vipers and ZR1 Corvettes for the same price.

F J- Take a small vacation and get your self into one of each. If you are considering buying one or the other, then you can more than likely afford to take a trip and do some testing. Good luck with your purchase either way you end up!
Old 12-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Chris
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Jay Gadsby
Wow, all of that said by everyone, and still, the only thing the guy needs to do is get in one of each. Everyone can talk till they are blue in the face about their brand (I am a Nordic fan), but it is all subjective. F J may not give a darn about top speed, he may not care which has the better hole shot. If we were all concerned with having the top speed, having the best hole shot, handling the water the best, well, there would be one manufacturer or boat and we would all own it. Same in the car world. Cant say a Porsche is the end all of sports cars, because obviously people still buy Vipers and ZR1 Corvettes for the same price.

F J- Take a small vacation and get your self into one of each. If you are considering buying one or the other, then you can more than likely afford to take a trip and do some testing. Good luck with your purchase either way you end up!
x2

When looking for a large single engined family/fast boat...it took me almost a year of arranging test drives of the various boats I was considering...Eliminator, Howard, Lavey, Nordic, etc...I drove six or seven competing brands with my wife before settling on what we wanted.

Definately go drive them both.

Chris
Old 12-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyenBrian
Flying J to sum this up so far. "Brand A is unquestionably superior to Brand B because I own Brand A and anyone involved with Brand B is to be considered a diptard." For our lake, you will want to make a decision about how important the ride is from 4pm Friday to 4pm Sunday from Memorial weekend to Shootout Weekend. (The rest of time it's irrelevant.) If you want nice ride during those times, go big, deep, conventional and heavy. If you want fun and air time, go smaller, lighter, stepped or cat. For the record, I own Brand C which is the perfect LOTO boat and unquestionably better than both Brand A AND Brand B.
If the busy weekend rides are important, buy a Cigarette!
Old 12-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 39 Unlimited
APACHE someone had to say it
Old 12-06-2011, 02:13 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by 39 Unlimited
I knew i liked you... See you in Miami

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.