Stupid Questions >

Stupid Questions

Notices

Stupid Questions

Old 12-13-2011, 01:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid Questions

Ok, Hi first of all. I hope everyone is having a good holiday season. So, I have no life, and I want to get some little stuff for the ole HO. I was looking at the small stuff right now, cup holders, gauge bezels and stuff. I notice on Dana Marine, there is a couple sizes on the cup holder side of the house. 3-3/8, 3-5/8, or even 3-3/4 inch sizes. Can anyone here confirm the sizes of those por favor? Ordering stuff for the boat makes me feel more...connected and I dont want to play the "crapola, got the wrong size, hey can you return this for me" game.

Was also looking at the different styles of gas fill ports, you know, to match it all. Which style is a direct replacement? or easily modified? Stupid little questions, but a man has to do what a man has to do.

Oh, one more Q. The side panels in the Heat, in the cockpit area, are these covering the gas tanks? or is there any dead space behind that area. I was thinking about sub boxes in that area if there was a little bit o' space. Thanks guys! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Old 12-13-2011, 09:34 AM
Registered

Default 28 Heat goodies

Hi Jay,
I kinda took the lazy way out and called Mike Chandler at Nordic and he hooked me up with SS cup holders, bezels, cooler even a new rub rail insert etc, etc. Prices were good.
As for your other question the only thing I noticed was when changing the cup holders on the side the fuel tank was right under them and very close. Have a safe holiday season.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jay Gadsby
Ok, Hi first of all. I hope everyone is having a good holiday season. So, I have no life, and I want to get some little stuff for the ole HO. I was looking at the small stuff right now, cup holders, gauge bezels and stuff. I notice on Dana Marine, there is a couple sizes on the cup holder side of the house. 3-3/8, 3-5/8, or even 3-3/4 inch sizes. Can anyone here confirm the sizes of those por favor? Ordering stuff for the boat makes me feel more...connected and I dont want to play the "crapola, got the wrong size, hey can you return this for me" game.

Was also looking at the different styles of gas fill ports, you know, to match it all. Which style is a direct replacement? or easily modified? Stupid little questions, but a man has to do what a man has to do.

Oh, one more Q. The side panels in the Heat, in the cockpit area, are these covering the gas tanks? or is there any dead space behind that area. I was thinking about sub boxes in that area if there was a little bit o' space. Thanks guys! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
can't help you w/ cup holder sizes but yes, you're correct about the tank location... no room for subs there i'm afraid

i made some boxes and put some 6.5" mids in the cup holder area facing backwards pointing directly at the rear seat

Old 12-13-2011, 05:39 PM
Registered

Default Cup holders/ Subs

Hello Jay I just wanted to chime in on the sub location. I have a 05 heat and I have four 10" subs in my rear bench seat, that is a good location only downside is that you loose that area for storage. I also have two 12" subs mounted behind my two bench seats in the mid cabin one on each side. There are 3-4 screws that hold a cover on top of those seats take them off and that is where you mount your boxes. The part thats suck is you have to take the seats out to mount them.

Better have your pocket book ready when you purchase your cup holders, I replaced all of mine which is 19 cup holders in a heat! Good to get the ones with 3m double sticky tape to secure. I am also in the market for gauge bezals I think i`m going to get mine from Livorsi.

Hope this info was helpful for ya.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:23 PM
Registered

Thanks guys! I was thinking about doing a 10" on either side of the batteries, with just enough space to get to all that jazz in the middle. I guess I will more than likely have to wait till I get home to get all that going, since I do my own work

Thank goodness for a closed bow Heat, I only have 12 cup holders, lol. I guess we will find out what going on.

I like the speaker location, aimed back so the people in the rear can hear. I think I may have to bite off that theme
Old 12-14-2011, 10:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jay Gadsby

I like the speaker location, aimed back so the people in the rear can hear. I think I may have to bite off that theme
ya, works really well, you can actually hear them in the back seat while on a plane (not the case w/ the old location of the mids under the back seat facing forward)

i did a full on spkr box w/ storage and battery access in the middle for my subs... i cut off the lower part of the seat (where the previous owner had installed 1-10" and 4-6.5"), rebuilt the entire lower section for the subs and storage, then re-attached the factory upper section to the new lower piece

I created another thread w/ pics here...

Last edited by nedpoole; 12-14-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

touching on the bezel question, i just got mine thru cp performance for my rage and paid 100 bucks for 9 of them, one which was an angled bezel, install is easy just time consuming, take a pic of the wiring with your cell phone before you start, i did each gauge seperate this way and is idiot proof, p.s. thanks for all you do and be safe happy holidays to you and your family
Old 12-17-2011, 05:15 AM
Registered

Thanks man! I hear you on the wiring, my cell phone is full of wiring pics and such lol Happy holidays to you and yours as well
Old 04-03-2012, 12:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nedpoole
can't help you w/ cup holder sizes but yes, you're correct about the tank location... no room for subs there i'm afraid

i made some boxes and put some 6.5" mids in the cup holder area facing backwards pointing directly at the rear seat

Hi,

I'm just starting the process of upgrading the sound system in my 05 Rage. I like the idea of mounting speakers behind the cup holders like this but I can't figure out how to get the trim off so I can get to the area to make a box. I can feel bolts towards the back of the boat but can't for the life of me figure out how to get the front of the trim off.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Mark
Old 04-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lotus_Eater
Hi,

I'm just starting the process of upgrading the sound system in my 05 Rage. I like the idea of mounting speakers behind the cup holders like this but I can't figure out how to get the trim off so I can get to the area to make a box. I can feel bolts towards the back of the boat but can't for the life of me figure out how to get the front of the trim off.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Mark
those pictures are from my Heat, not sure if the mounting points are the same on a rage... there weren't any on the front on the port side but on the starboard side there were a couple down low that had to be accessed from the cabin via the access panel behind the gauges. the screws were at the very front of the panel and the screw heads were facing towards the hull.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.