buying a nordic heat help >

buying a nordic heat help

Notices

buying a nordic heat help

Old 03-23-2012, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buying a nordic heat help

I am looking at a Nordic heat this weekend it is a 99 with a 502 and a bravo 1 out drive. This is my first sport boat that i have purchased. i wanted to know a few things before I go and look at it. 1st is the motor out drive a good combination it only has 280 hours on it. 2nd it is a mid cabin and do these have the sinks on the port side? 3rd what is the difference between a 99 and say 02 heat. 4th what would be a good price for something like this he is asking 35k for the boat. I love the way the boats look and wanted to say thank you in advance.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:28 AM
Registered

the 502 and bravo is an excellent combo... the 502 leaves a lot of options open for motor upgrades
the sink on my 2000 is on the port side. i would assume the 99 is the same
there are a few key differences between the 99 and 2000; 2000 has a step in the hull, the X dimension on the motor is much higher (99 and older heats need a 2" shorty once you start adding big power) and the windshield is a few inches shorter on the 2000

35k seems about what it's worth; not really a killer deal IMO. i paid 37500 for my 2000 (w/ 502\bravo and similar hours) 4 yrs ago.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:54 AM
Registered

Default reply

what type of performance differance will i have with no step hull. Like i said i am new to this so better question is what is a step hull. I think he will take 30 for it and it is really clean. i am not looking to add any hp to it I am just looking to have a good reliable boat that can be taken out at any time. thank you again for you experties.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:19 PM
Registered

Like nedpoole said the biggest difference is the step hull. Mine has the 502/bravo1 setup and its a good reliable package as long as it's maintained properly. My 502 has over 500 hours and still runs strong. My 2000 doesn't have the sink on the port side it has a storage compartment there instead. I sometimes wish I had the sink but I would also miss the storage space.
Make sure you check that bravo for any slop. Grab the outdrive and move it side to side then try to lift it up to check for any up and down play. If it has a lot of play then you need to replace the gimbal ring.
$35K seems about right but like nedpoole said it's not a screaming deal.
The heat is my first high performace boat and I love mine. It's very easy to handle, fun to drive and handles sloppy water very well.
Good luck!
Eric
Old 03-23-2012, 12:26 PM
Registered

thank you for the advise i am very excited for a performance boat and have been looking for a nordic for a while. i have owned many boats but all cruisers never performance so the more information about it the better. Also if i can get it for 30 and it is extremly clean is that the way to go. thanks again