New 2005 Rage!

Notices

New 2005 Rage!

Old 03-30-2012, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New 2005 Rage!

Hi All,

I just purchased a 2005 Rage with 133 hrs on it. It appears to be all stock. This is my first Nordic so I figured I would post and ask if anyone has any model-specific advice for me? Gottya’s? Things to do, not to do?

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

LE
Old 03-30-2012, 08:40 AM
Registered

There is only one thing to watch out for with a Nordic, excessive amounts of fun and enjoyment! Congrats and post pics!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

congradulations!!! nordics get ALOT of attention both at the ramp and in the water so be ready, some little footnotes for you, 1) run about 1/4 tank more fuel in the port side to keep boat level if running wide open 2)make sure no one hits your anchor light switch when engine hatch is open 3) when loading on trailer back in deep then pull out till you see top of fender barely poking out, doing this avoids the back floating off and catching the strake on the bunk 4) watch you knee's on that ski tow, it hurts, you will love this boat, btw which one did you get?
Old 03-30-2012, 11:48 PM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blownhammer2000
congradulations!!! 1) run about 1/4 tank more fuel in the port side to keep boat level if running wide open
Don't you mean to run about 1/4 more fuel in the starbord or right side...since the prop spins clockwise...therefore rolling the boat to port?. I always keep my right tank about 1/4 more full to counteract this twist.

Congrats on a great boat...you will be getting a lot more attention, and it truely is one of the best in the 25' class.

Have fun!

Chris
Old 03-31-2012, 02:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CB-BLR
Don't you mean to run about 1/4 more fuel in the starbord or right side...since the prop spins clockwise...therefore rolling the boat to port?. I always keep my right tank about 1/4 more full to counteract this twist.

Congrats on a great boat...you will be getting a lot more attention, and it truely is one of the best in the 25' class.

Have fun!

Chris
yup you are correct, its been a long off season apparently
Old 04-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Registered

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the advice!

Took the boat out for the first time at the weekend. Great boat for sure. It runs just a little over 70mph (on the clock) which is fast enough for me right now. It does get a lot of attention too. If I could figure out how to put a picture on here I would post a pic of it.

@Blownhammer2000, not sure what you mean about “which one did I get”, it’s a 2005 Rage. Not sure if there is some other model number you are asking for.

Another quick question; does anyone know where I can get a boat cover that covers that whole boat, not just the top? I’ve seen pictures of covers that drop right down to the ground and cover even the wheels of the trailer. Has anyone seen such a thing?

Thanks again for all the help guys, very much appreciated.

LE
Old 04-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Registered

I am not sure where to get a custom cover for the Rage. I bought a "semi custom" cover off Iboats.com and it works very well as a secondary cover.

Pics are easy. You will have to upload to a site like photobucket or picasaweb or something. then you copy over the [img] code to the reply box, and BAM, all set. If you dont have an account you can email them to me ([email protected]) and I will upload them for you and post em.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jay Gadsby
I am not sure where to get a custom cover for the Rage. I bought a "semi custom" cover off Iboats.com and it works very well as a secondary cover.

Pics are easy. You will have to upload to a site like photobucket or picasaweb or something. then you copy over the [img] code to the reply box, and BAM, all set. If you dont have an account you can email them to me ([email protected]) and I will upload them for you and post em.
Thanks Jay, I emailed you with the picture, please let me know if you don't get it for any reason.

Regards,

LE
Old 04-02-2012, 02:01 PM
Registered

I did get it, I will try uploading it tonight (my time in Kuwait, afternoon for you) and hopefully my crappy interwebs work with me and not against me.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lotus_Eater
Hi Folks,

Thanks for the advice!

@Blownhammer2000, not sure what you mean about “which one did I get”, it’s a 2005 Rage. Not sure if there is some other model number you are asking for.

LE
i was just curious which rage you bought, there are usually only a few for sale at a time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.