Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Registered
    My Boats:
    2005 Nordic Rage

Rage Speedometer

Hi Folks,

I took my 2005 Rage out at the weekend and the speedo quit working. I know there must be a tube or drag or something that sits it the water and reports the speed of the boat, just canít seem to find it.

Anyone had any similar issues? Where should I be looking to figure out whatís wrong?

Thanks for your help,

LE

Registered
    My Boats:
    1999 Nordic Flame 35'
    Mine is on the front side of the outdrive...

Registered
    My Boats:
    2003 Nordic Rage
    The pick up is a small hole in the leading edge of your drive (assuming a bravo 1x). Take a look, if dirty or plugged, take a pin or small wire and try to clean.

Also, behind your guages the tube is clamped to the back of your speedo. If the tube is getting a bit stiff or brittle or the clamp has slipped, you won't get a reading or maybe an erratic reading and eventually wet feet!

Hope that helps.

Pat

Registered
    My Boats:
    2005 Nordic Rage
    Thanks guys, that does help. I'll take a look at which one I have and see if there is something blocked.

My Boats:
    2001 Nordic 28' Heat EBM 575sci
    All the above and you may want to try blowing it out with compressed air from the gauge end of the hose.
    They are notorious for clogging up in the spring when most lakes rise from winter pools and have more debris than normal in them.
    The real solution is a GPS speedometer......
    No more clogging up/cleaning out to worry with, and the truth shall set you free...........
    Regards,
    Steve

Registered
    My Boats:
    2002 Nordic 28 Heat / 2013 Bass Cat Puma FTD
    Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm
    Hey Steve...ny reccos for a reasonably priced GPS Speed that will fit easily?

Registered
    My Boats:
    2002 Nordic 28 Heat / 2013 Bass Cat Puma FTD
    Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm
    "any" reccos

My Boats:
    2001 Nordic 28' Heat EBM 575sci
    I've always had good luck with Livorsi (formerly Gaffrig) gauges. www.livorsi.com click on their sale items.
    I have seen some auto meter stuff, but I am not sure how well they work. www.rexmar.com
    You might call the Nordic factory and ask them what they have (they use Livorsi) and can get you. Typically OEMs get really good pricing, and since you are "in the family", they should pass it along......
    Regards,
    Steve
    Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 04-09-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Registered
    My Boats:
    35 Lightning Staggered 600's Nordic Rage Whippled 496
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus_Eater View Post
    Hi Folks,

I took my 2005 Rage out at the weekend and the speedo quit working. I know there must be a tube or drag or something that sits it the water and reports the speed of the boat, just canít seem to find it.

Anyone had any similar issues? Where should I be looking to figure out whatís wrong?

Thanks for your help,

LE
    I'll bet you a dollar you have a broken hose. Check it from the drive to where it goes into the hull. Find the small speedo hose on the front of the drive and you will find it has deteriorated and cracked likely from UV and old age.