More Silly Questions from yours truly >

More Silly Questions from yours truly

Notices

More Silly Questions from yours truly

Old 04-15-2012, 05:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Silly Questions from yours truly

Ok, I am still stuck away from my HO, but plotting something fun in the stereo department. My question really is this. In the cabin, there are the two benches. They are pretty well sealed in, no access under from what I have seen. What is behind these? Dead space, fresh water holding? I had an idea for amp mounting in there and was wondering what was behind there before I start tearing stufff up when I get home.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Jay,
There is plenty of space behind, and below the cabin lounge seats. Several of us, myself included, have finished this area out with carpeting. I use mine primarily for storing towels and pillows, blankets, etc. All the soft lightweight stuff that usually gets thrown on the v-berth, and ends up in the floor.......
The extra storage really helps.
Some guys have also put amps in there. Not a bad idea to keep them out of the weather. Just keep in mind that weight added in front of the C/G, or step on the step hull boats, can slow them down.
There is a thread on this forum discussing Heat cabin seats and storage. I'll see if I can find it and pull it up for you.
Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 04-15-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:30 PM
Registered

Hi I have an 05 heat, It has custom made sub boxes behind the bench seats in the mid cabin. It even took me a few months to figure out they were in there. Dont have a clue how the seats come out sorry. The boxes are fairly big, the subs face the outside of the boat And I have one 12 inch sub on both sides. You would have more then enough room for amps in that area. My amps are mounted in the cooler hole and I can still fit a fullsize cooler in there! You have to take into consideration for ventilation for the amps though if you were to put them in a confined area. Thats my 2 cents
Old 04-15-2012, 11:11 PM
Registered

Cool, thanks guys! I have a few nifty ideas for that area involving some fans, plexiglass, LEDs and all that jazz Dont know if I want to do it this summer, or just wait till winter to dive into this project as the back bench, those two benches, and a few other key areas will be completely redone.