prop work >

prop work

Notices

prop work

Old 04-29-2012, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prop work

I was wondering if anybody has done the sandblast process on the edges of your prop for more grip and lift? I was thinking about doing that to my prop. Also a prop guy that I know told me more of the performance boats have satin finished props verses polished due to better lift? What are the 28heat brothers out there running? would that be considered a lab finished prop? Sorry for the dumb questions just trying to learn the prop system! Im running a 25 pitch powertech ofx 4 blade polished.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 05 Nordic Heat
I was wondering if anybody has done the sandblast process on the edges of your prop for more grip and lift? I was thinking about doing that to my prop. Also a prop guy that I know told me more of the performance boats have satin finished props verses polished due to better lift? What are the 28heat brothers out there running? would that be considered a lab finished prop? Sorry for the dumb questions just trying to learn the prop system! Im running a 25 pitch powertech ofx 4 blade polished.
Different propeller manufacturers and custom shops have their own formulas for what works on certain hull/engine combinations. I have seen maybe 2 propellers that have been glass beaded in the cup area, I assume for better bite. That theory would be that a rough texture in the cup/trailing edge would hold water better. Generally speaking, all the custom props I have seen or owned, are thinned, balanced, pitch matched, and highly polished. Some do require additional cupping for greater lift.