06 heat power issues >

06 heat power issues

Notices

06 heat power issues

Old 05-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 heat power issues

just bought an 06 heat that has a 500 efi and vortech supercharger. i have only had it out once and it seemed to have lots of power but 4800 rpms is all i could get. it has a 30 pitch prop but it isn't running out of power. i'm going to install fuel filters and try again. i will keep an eye on my fuel psi this time and see if it is dropping. any other things i should look for on my next run? the guy i bought it off of swears it will hit 5600 easy. i also noticed it was running extremely rich at idle. i was wondering if that just may be the ecm just trying to compensate for a fuel issue. the boat also came from 6000 ft and we are back down to about 300ft but i would't think it should effect it like that?
Old 05-06-2012, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Normally boats that are tuned to run at high elevation have been leaned out, to compensate for the low atmospheric pressure. You may be running very lean for low altitude. That can be dangerous on a blower motor.
I would take your boat or MEFI ECM to a good performance dealer or shop and have it scanned.
I recommed EB Marine here in Nashville. He has worked on several 500/Vortec setups that are running really well.
Regards,
Steve
Old 05-06-2012, 10:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so can i just ship the ecm to them? Bob Radke in Cali is the guy who tuned it originally. he didn't seem to think the tune would be the problem. i would probably still like to get it tuned at this elevation just to be safe though. i am just here in ky so it would be nice to be able to work with someone close like that. do you have any contact info?
Old 05-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rhager
so can i just ship the ecm to them? Bob Radke in Cali is the guy who tuned it originally. he didn't seem to think the tune would be the problem. i would probably still like to get it tuned at this elevation just to be safe though. i am just here in ky so it would be nice to be able to work with someone close like that. do you have any contact info?
Give Eric at EBM a call. 615-714-2944.
He is the man............
Regards,
Steve