Prop choice and trim tabs >

Prop choice and trim tabs

Notices

Prop choice and trim tabs

Old 08-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dune Rider
Just to follow up on my post. I am finally going to try out a 24P Bravo 1 prop this weekend. What should I be looking for to see if this would be the best prop choice?
Better holeshot, better midrange performace, better top end, and more lift. RPMs should be just below your limiter with a light load. I do not remember the exact RPM limit for the 502 MAG. I think it was around 5200.
Regards,
Steve
Old 09-01-2012, 10:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today finally had the chance to test a Bravo 1 24P. Hole shot was greatly improved both full throttle start and gradual RPM start. At 3500 RPM's speed was 40MPH. At WOT,max RPM's was 4900 and speed was 57 MPH. I had 3 people and full tanks of gas. I know the test would have been better with half tanks, but didn't want to go to the gas station more then once. Temp was 100 and water had some chop. Do these results seem to show that the prop is might bet choice? thanks for any help.

Tom
Old 09-01-2012, 10:54 PM
Registered

Today finally had the chance to test a Bravo 1 24P. Hole shot was greatly improved both full throttle start and gradual RPM start. At 3500 RPM's speed was 40MPH. At WOT,max RPM's was 4900 and speed was 57 MPH. I had 3 people and full tanks of gas. I know the test would have been better with half tanks, but didn't want to go to the gas station more then once. Temp was 100 and water had some chop. Do these results seem to show that the prop is might bet choice? thanks for any help.

Tom

Last edited by Dune Rider; 09-01-2012 at 11:03 PM. Reason: double post
Old 09-01-2012, 11:07 PM
Registered

Sorry about the repeat post. Crappy internet. I can't figure out how to delete.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dune Rider

Tom
Tom,
I think you are getting close. 100o temps are the biggest problem (and the heavy fuel load) you had during this test. You should be able to pick up 100/200 RPM in cooler weather with a lighter load, putting you right where you need to be.
If that propeller is stock, it can worked for more efficient operation on your boat.
BTW, the engine compartments on the Heat are notoriously air restrictive. If you can get some fresh air into the engine compartment, that will help. There are lengthy threads on that subject. Just use the search function to get some ideas.
Regards,
Steve

Regards,
Steve
Old 09-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Registered

I have hydromotive P5X 24 pitch if anyone is interested. Make an offer. Good Condition. No hub. Only used a few times back when I had 1.35 gears. Now I have 1.50 gears and the prop is to small for my application.