HELP  Heat power cabin door >

HELP Heat power cabin door

Notices

HELP Heat power cabin door

Old 09-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP Heat power cabin door

Door is stuck closed, hatch is locked. All advice greatly appreciated. Motor is trying to open but some kind of mechanical bind not allowing the door to move more than 1/2 inch.

Thanks
Ray
Old 09-17-2012, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by raytart
Door is stuck closed, hatch is locked. All advice greatly appreciated. Motor is trying to open but some kind of mechanical bind not allowing the door to move more than 1/2 inch.

Thanks
Ray
Would hope they left access to that

Do you have a glove box? If so remove and you should be able to get back there, assuming it slides to that side. If it goes to the other side remove the dash panel for access
Old 09-17-2012, 08:13 PM
Registered

been there, done that. Had the same issue with my flame, something fell on the switch in the cabin, and pressing the outside button caused it to trip the breaker. The breakers are in the cabin, so that does not help.
Had to have the latch lock on the bow latch drilled out.

Another big issue is the engine latch actuators do not work when the battery is dead, and the battery is in the engine compartment. had this issue many times in both the heat, and flame.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4bus
Would hope they left access to that

Do you have a glove box? If so remove and you should be able to get back there, assuming it slides to that side. If it goes to the other side remove the dash panel for access
No acces from there. Glove box is molded in. Only access is from inside the cabin.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by beertruck
been there, done that. Had the same issue with my flame, something fell on the switch in the cabin, and pressing the outside button caused it to trip the breaker. The breakers are in the cabin, so that does not help.
Had to have the latch lock on the bow latch drilled out.

Another big issue is the engine latch actuators do not work when the battery is dead, and the battery is in the engine compartment. had this issue many times in both the heat, and flame.
The batteries are accessable from under the rear seat. Your Heat was probably of an earlier vintage.

The fuse was an issue in the past. My daugher was inside the cabin playing with the door switch and I was opening it from the outside at the same time. Blew the fuse with her locked inside. She was able to climb through the hatch. I relocated the fuse so it could be reached through the drivers side cup holder.

I have power to the motor, so that's not the problem.
It's a mechanical bind of some sort. I guess I'll have to get the hatch opened and climb in.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Something may have fallen out of the backside of the dash, like a bolt/nut/etc, into the lower track, causing it to bind.
That's a tough one Ray.....
I would call the factory and see if they have any ideas.
Good luck,
Steve
Old 09-18-2012, 05:24 PM
Registered

Crappy weather today. Don't want to take the cover off to work on it. Let's see what tommorrow brings.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:55 PM
Registered

Let's just say that getting into the cabin was the easy part.
The hatch latches were easily turned from top side.

As it turns out, the rail/guides that the door slides on overextended and the slide guide came off the rail. This happened because a stopper came off. It looks as if it were tack welded in place. What a pain in the butt to access this stuff. I guess the folks at Nordic didn't think it would ever break. WRONG! More access should be given for stuff like this. I'm thinking that a removeable panel would work well if it were placed in front of the drivers seat under the helm. Or even making the panel behind the dash larger. Just a thought. The door is still not 100%. I still need to get the bolt/nut that attaches the door to the slide/guide in place. I can't get the nut to catch on the bolt. It's in a real crappy hard to get at location.

Last edited by raytart; 09-20-2012 at 10:57 PM.