Never owned a nordic >

Never owned a nordic

Notices

Never owned a nordic

Old 01-26-2013, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Never owned a nordic

My last 3 boats where eliminators, 1 26 ft and 2 28 ft both canopie boats with twins. But id like a boat with a larger cabin. How does a heat run with a 496 merc? And if i super charged it up to about 650hp how would it run? I am on a lake so no waves larger than 3 ft usually, the cats where great in the lake. Thanks for your help
Old 01-26-2013, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will not like the boat with a 496 it does not do very well at all. I bought my boat with much high expections and was very bummed out with the 496. After a year I put a Whipple on it and had great success with the blower and the boat came alive. Not many people are big fans for supercharging and stock 496. To be honest it's not the best idea. I had a early model 02 496 with a good crank. But I still keep it alive with a very good tune (o2 in the headers ) and know ing what you could and could not do with it. It's not a poker run setup at all. I never held it wfo for more that 15 to 20 seconds. After 3 years of rolling the dice I sold the motor and built a n/a 572 beat the **** out of motor full forged aluminum head Merlin. And the boat keep going faster and faster and more reliable. I would not think anything less that a 525 would be. anything but par on a Nordic Heat. 600+ and they become a different boat and animal to play with. That just me maybe I'm just a power hog?

P.s. I have mine for sale if you would like to talk more pm. Me

Thanks. Brayden
Old 01-26-2013, 01:54 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

mid 60s generally with 496. Fastest I ever ran was 67 under optimal conditions never duplicated, actually never got close again. 62 all day, maybe mid 60s real good day.

Good dependable engine that fired up ever time and I never lost a moment of boating because of it. People disrespect the motor a lot but some of those people were f'ing with their engines at times while I was out on the water. Not sure why that aspect gets overlooked but I never bought a boat to sit and work on it, I want to be on the water, boating season is short enough.