New to forum and new to Nordic! >

New to forum and new to Nordic!

Notices

New to forum and new to Nordic!

Old 04-05-2013, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pier Pressure 1
Thanks for the responses guys....like INDY has mentioned before, reliability is key. Whether its a 496, or a blown 525, I'd much rather be enjoying that power rather than repairing it. Especially with the boating season being so limited.

"Dig IT," I do appreciate your input...it's not a downer, it's your opinion and I value others' opinions. Heck, isn't this why we are part of a forum, lol. I definately understand where you are coming from and I realize just how much it costs to "properly" rig a boat for speed. Speed = $$$ and I don't think anyone can argue that! I have been looking for a closed bow Nordic Heat aggresively for the last four months and what I found was this; In order to get the power package I really wanted (which was very hard to find in a closed bow Heat) I would have had to pay 10-15k more than the boat I just purchased. Also not only would I have had to settle for not being 100% satisfied with the graphics, the few boats I did find were 3-5 yrs older than the one I purchased. I figured that it would be easier to re-power than the re-paint..lol!

I did plenty of calculating in order to decide on the 07'. The way I see it, for the extra 15-18k+ for a nicely powered 07', I can get the tabs I want, the dual steering I want, sell the 496...add the leftover from the original 15-18k, and buy a nice low hour blue motor! Plus I think that the resale down the line will be much better with an 07' than say a 2000 or so model. (banks also finance 10yr old boats and newer a lot easier with a much better term and interest rate!)

So to sum it up, "Dig IT," I think you are absolutely correct in what you stated. Do it right the first time and chances are you will save plenty $$$. However, the deal on this boat was too good to pass up, even w/the 496 IMO. Especially for basically a one owner, near mint 07!

Thanks again for your input,
Kacy
Cool looks like you did your homework. You will love the boat. Have fun and enjoy, welcome to the family. There are good board members here with tons of info on your boat and setup if you have any ?s now go get that thing wet and have some fun.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:28 AM
Registered

Thanks for the responses guys....like INDY has mentioned before, reliability is key. Whether its a 496, or a blown 525, I'd much rather be enjoying that power rather than repairing it. Especially with the boating season being so limited.

"Dig IT," I do appreciate your input...it's not a downer, it's your opinion and I value others' opinions. Heck, isn't this why we are part of a forum, lol. I definately understand where you are coming from and I realize just how much it costs to "properly" rig a boat for speed. Speed = $$$ and I don't think anyone can argue that! I have been looking for a closed bow Nordic Heat aggresively for the last four months and what I found was this; In order to get the power package I really wanted (which was very hard to find in a closed bow Heat) I would have had to pay 10-15k more than the boat I just purchased. Also not only would I have had to settle for not being 100% satisfied with the graphics, the few boats I did find were 3-5 yrs older than the one I purchased. I figured that it would be easier to re-power than the re-paint..lol!

I did plenty of calculating in order to decide on the 07'. The way I see it, for the extra 15-18k+ for a nicely powered 07', I can get the tabs I want, the dual steering I want, sell the 496...add the leftover from the original 15-18k, and buy a nice low hour blue motor! Plus I think that the resale down the line will be much better with an 07' than say a 2000 or so model. (banks also finance 10yr old boats and newer a lot easier with a much better term and interest rate!)

So to sum it up, "Dig IT," I think you are absolutely correct in what you stated. Do it right the first time and chances are you will save plenty $$$. However, the deal on this boat was too good to pass up, even w/the 496 IMO. Especially for basically a one owner, near mint 07!

Thanks again for your input,
Kacy
I did the exact same thing as you 2 years ago bought a 07 Heat with 70 hours and a 496 closed bow. I had the same plans as you, buy a clean one and than upgrade the power.

THAN i made the huge mistake of visiting the Nordic factory....
Old 04-06-2013, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default welcome aboard Kacy

Hello Kacy,
I'm glad you found a boat you like. Regarding power and speed, 70 on the water beats 100 on the trailer, anytime .
There is lot to be said for reliability.
Regarding tabs, I can't see where you live and boat because you didn't fill that information in on your avatar, but it mostly depends on your local/regular conditions, and how fast your boat is.
Generally speaking, rougher water requires more tab, and tabs can be usefull in "settling down" a fast boat. As you have probably seen, there are endless threads on the subject with good information.
Welcome to the Nordic Navy....
Best Regards,
Steve
Old 04-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Registered

"70 on the water beats 100 on the trailer"...lmao, that is very true! Appreciate the welcome everyone! I am currently waiting for it to arrive and I can't wait to hit the water. I've been crusing around this forum and have run across some really good info. Unfortunatley it seems the more I read, the slimmer my wallet seems to be getting...! Ha
Old 04-10-2013, 06:04 PM
Registered

"70 on the water beats 100 on the trailer"...lmao, that is very true! Appreciate the welcome everyone! I am currently waiting for it to arrive and I can't wait to hit the water. I've been crusing around this forum and have run across some really good info. Unfortunatley it seems the more I read, the slimmer my wallet seems to be getting...! Ha
That's all I was trying to say from the get go! Hope it gets there soon
And the weather where your at it good!
Old 05-11-2013, 07:08 PM
Never Enough
Platinum Member

Welcome! I am on my third nordic in 12 yrs and I had a closed bow heat for most of those yrs. Great boat and like most said the 496 is very reliable and will keep you on the water. I had a Raylar kit on mine with tabs and full Imco hydraulic steering. It ran 68-70 and I saw 72 a few times. My buddy at Imco runs a blower motor and has hit 104 or there abouts. The 28 hulls seem to like the big power. Best of luck and enjoy!
Old 05-14-2013, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear you found your boat!!
Although I must say #1 POST A PICTURE WHEN YOU CAN
#2 a Raylar kit or Blower would probably be much less expensive and less headache than an entire engine swap

We only have the 22' baby Nordic, however it suites all the kids & the type of boating we do, but I've been looking at blower kits for ours too.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:58 AM
Registered

I have the 280 K Planes on my Nordic. I use them for getting on plane most of the time, other than that they stay in the UP position.