Sun Deck Mods of a different sort >

Sun Deck Mods of a different sort

Notices

Sun Deck Mods of a different sort

Old 07-28-2013, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sun Deck Mods of a different sort

Unfortunately, my sun deck has met with its death this season. The seam that spans the entire with up by the back bench has split pretty bad. Bothers me to no end. Well, since I have to have it reupholstered anyhow, I wanted to see what all you guys have to say about a little "modding". i was thinking about putting in some "head rests" which would double as a pillow when lying out on the back. Have any of you done that sort of thing? I was thinking 3 evenly spaced rests across the back with the logo on the center one. Just an idea. I also plan on leaving off the color as it gets a little too hot to the touch in the summer in Texas. Green and Black, bad for feet. Thoughts, pics, ideas, etc? Thanks guys! I am so happy to be remaining in the Nordic Navy. Oh, that was the other thing I was thinking about. Anyone ever design a logo for the Nordic Navy?? I would totally rock one. If not, I might be able to come up with something. Happy boating all!! Oh, and my son is due in 3 weeks Bringing another boater in to the world. YEY!!!!!
Old 07-29-2013, 04:37 PM
Registered

i didn't like the colors on there either, and had mine recovered for the same reasons (no head rests tho) i like the uninterrupted lines of the existing engine hatch

plus i wonder if you would have any issues w/ water puddling on the cover from the added height of the headrests?

here's mine

Old 07-29-2013, 08:45 PM
Registered

I am actually going to add a center pole to keep the rain off completely. My Pachanga had a pole in the middle and had no issues with rain pooling what so ever. Love the colorless hatch! You just secured my future repair color scheme lol.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a great upholstery guy that we use. He has done a lot of custom boat interiors and knows Nordics very well. He moved here from Havasu. He did a Fountain with custom headrests for one of our customers that turned out nice. Give me a shout if you want to get hold of him.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds interesting Jay. I have seen this done on some other brands.
A side effect from my hatch mods (dividing the 2 halves with fore/aft stringers) is it sits more level, and is more comfortable to
sit or lay on. The rear edge does rise above the deck line, and some people might might find that objectionable, but it's
white vinyl against white gelcoat, so it really isn't apparent.
Good luck with your new boater buddy!
Best Regards,
Steve
Old 07-31-2013, 05:21 PM
Registered

Thank you Steve! We are super excited about finally having a baby. I am glad it all worked out for me to be able to keep the boat and the baby Would have hated to get rid of the wife to make room. I kinda like her too. The deck is quite precarious to lay out on.. Always feels like you are going to slip into the shark tank. Head rests or not, I definitely want the seams at that point to be beefed up to prevent this from happening again. Unfortunately that is the spot we use to get on and off the boat, so it takes a beating.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:15 PM
Registered

Jay, your PM box is full
Old 08-01-2013, 05:20 PM
Registered

Fixed, sorry about that... maybe its time to pony up some cash for a bigger inbox lol.