Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nordic
Where are you guys mounting amps in a 28 Heat Open bow >

Where are you guys mounting amps in a 28 Heat Open bow

Notices

Where are you guys mounting amps in a 28 Heat Open bow

Old 01-02-2014, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here's where i put mine... although, i rebuilt the seat base on my Heat. might be more work than you're looking to do

build thread: -> http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/n...ic-heat-3.html

Old 01-07-2014, 02:30 PM
Registered

I have an 04 Heat MCOB, it came with the amps mounted behind the starboard side seat in the cuddy. I have had a great deal of overheating problems and will be moving them to the back side of the rear seat in the engine compartment this winter. I did not have fans on them so perhaps that would have helped.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:51 PM
Registered

nedpoole - i have actually rebuilt the seat base like that already. unfortunately i have a tool box, oils, rope, i keep in the seat compartment

Jason Scott - that was my concern and considered mounting fans and a vent in the top cover to create air flow.

Unfortunately I am going to have to do a gimbal ring and all related components in that area since i will be in there. Have to worry about driving before listening to music. Don't know when i will be getting to my stereo project i have been waiting to do. Everyone has given me some great ideas though. I will just truck along on it until my march Havasu trip comes.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:53 PM
Registered

I did the same thing that Ned did in my Heat, 2 amps, custom seat base/box for 2 12's. I keep all the same stuff in there, amps, plugs, tools, jump box, plugs, o2 sensors, hose clamps the list goes on and on. Always surprised at the end of the year the boat goes over 80 with all the CRAP in there.