Where are you guys mounting amps in a 28 Heat Open bow >

Where are you guys mounting amps in a 28 Heat Open bow

Notices

Where are you guys mounting amps in a 28 Heat Open bow

Old 11-20-2013, 01:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where are you guys mounting amps in a 28 Heat Open bow

My 28 heat currently has the mounted on the side of the engine compartment (came that way and they dont overheat, surprisingly) I am going to be redoing some panels and stereo equipment and was wondering if there is a better place to put them?
Old 11-20-2013, 08:50 AM
Registered

Do you have the little mirror where the stereo mounts behind the cooler in the MCOBs? There is a ton of space in there, and I am sure you could easily rig something to mount it up there.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:34 AM
Registered

I've got three amps mounted to the back of the couch seat on the starboard side of the boat. There is plenty of space in there. Just remove the couch with 5 or 6 screws.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:54 AM
Registered

Jay - Mine is a 02 and behind the cooler is just an open storage, but the could work.

Wakeboardnmoto - To the back of the seat. Never thought of that area. I talked to a guy in Havasu couple years ago about cutting open the part underneath the seat. He said he had and there was a ton of space. do the stay cooll and get air or did you have to put fans on them?

Thanks for the input guys
Old 11-25-2013, 11:06 PM
Registered

They stay cool without any fans.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wakeboardnmoto
They stay cool without any fans.
I took the top piece off yesterday to look behind the seat. It seems like it would be hard to get to wiring or near impossible. Do you happen to have any pictures of your set up?
Old 12-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Registered

I don't have pictures but have removed the couch to get to the wiring. There are tons of wires back there. I've got 16 speakers all wired to this location, power for the 3 amps and the video system.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Registered

I have a custom MTX setup 12 speakers 2 12's and 3 amps I will take some pics this week and post them up. The amps are mounted in the center of the rear seat one on top of the other and the subs are in custom boxes on both side of the rear seat. No storage under the seat now but the open bows have plenty elsewhere!
!
Old 12-11-2013, 01:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bikercrze1
I have a custom MTX setup 12 speakers 2 12's and 3 amps I will take some pics this week and post them up. The amps are mounted in the center of the rear seat one on top of the other and the subs are in custom boxes on both side of the rear seat. No storage under the seat now but the open bows have plenty elsewhere!
!
I haven't had much time to move forward with this project lately and its been cold here so I haven't wanted to work outside. I know a lot of other places in the country are colder but in the low 20s at night is cold for vegas. Pics of any setups would be appreciated. Always looking for ideas.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine are on the back of the bench seat wall in the front of the engine compartment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.