Holy Dead Forum Batman!!!!

Notices

Holy Dead Forum Batman!!!!

Old 12-03-2013, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holy Dead Forum Batman!!!!

Hey guys!

This place needs some life. It seems to be everyone selling lately. How is everyone doing? Winter plans, holiday vacations, performance upgrades?

This winter my wife and I are trying to whittle down some debt since I am retiring from the Army soon. My son is growing like a weed. He is 15lbs now at 4 months. Smiling, cooing, pooping and eating It is what life is all about. My winter plans are essentially just maintenance. My sundeck decided it was too big for it's britches and split the seam for the back support. I will be taking the sundeck off soon (as soon as I get all the holiday decorations out of my garage). I am going to powdercoat the wheels since the chrome has seen better days, and I think gloss black wheels will look nice. And I will be cutting and reconfiguring the back of the trailer. It is WAY too low for my area. scrapes on everything. gonna shave about 2" and redo the lights. Thank goodness for DIY handiness. I would love to supercharge, but its not in the cards right now. I will just enjoy the fairly fast, reliable 500EFI.

Anyhow, enough about me. Saw quite a few Nordics for sale this year. Kinda sad. I hope all your sales go well, and I hope you are at least staying on the water. Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

~The Gadsby Family
Old 12-04-2013, 07:47 AM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm

Hey Jay. Thanks for breaking the forum silence here. You've got some cool stuff happening. Good luck with all of it. One unsolicited piece of advice...on your trailer,,.if you'd like to save yourself the steel shaving DIY; Perhaps the #1best thing I ever did after season 1 with my Heat, after a couple of stressful teeth-grinding encounters with a steep driveway...was to have installed (welded) two steel rollers on the furthest rear/lower trailer cross member. I took it to a trailer company with a great rep, and for about $150 bucks (as I recall), and one hour of work, problem solved. I haven't worried about it since, and I can't count how many times I've just slow-rolled my way over steep angle encounters, no worse for the wear. No problem.

So stuff going on around the I2D household; My youngest daughter finishing her senior year in HS, and headed to college in the Fall (early accepted to OU). Boomer Sooner. My wife and I decided to start our downsizing process, so have our house here on Travis for sale, and are closing on a much (repeat MUCH) smaller home just down the street (love our neighborhood) this coming Friday. Been fishing like a fool, probably averaging 2-3x per week, and loving every minute of it. Skills are getting better, but I have a long way to go (deep water bass fishing is turning out to be a very difficult thing for me...much like using a driver off tee. Just can't quite seem to get it together. Going through another bout of considering selling the Heat, since she has been sitting way too much (bass boat getting most of the love). I go back and forth on this, since I can't imagine life without her, and leaving her up at LOTO full-time, with me down here in Austin far away -- makes me sad. Maybe I just need to change her slip location, since I walk by her every time I walk to the bass boat.

OK, so there's TMI for my Nordic brothers for this Wednesday morning. Hope everyone is doing well. Have a great holiday season everyone.

Dave.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

No black wheels! No matter how elaborate they might look at a stop they all look like stamped steel wheels with the hubcaps gone going down the road....
Old 12-05-2013, 05:09 PM
Registered

I am dying to get back out on the water. I need to move to a warmer climate. We have temps in the single digits now so looking for spring. We love our Rage and so glad we took the leap last spring. The Nordics get so much attention and handle so good it is a ton of fun. I plan to figure out a couple things over the winter. First I would like to make some storage in the mid cabin seats as you need all you can get. I want to add some LEDs in the interior and would like to add some to the transom but worry on the best way (drilling makes me scared). I have dual batteries but they seem to drain quick with the radio (3 amps, 3 subs) so I want to check them but may add a third battery or something. The big project would be finishing the camper enclosure. We do upholstery and I started an enclosure that attached to the bimini that allowed us to overnight.

The rollers are a great idea send some pics if you can.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:35 PM
Registered

no black wheels? That's crazy talk.

Old 12-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Registered

I am the proud new owner of an 07' Rage with a 500 EFI. totally different animal then the BAJA had it out 6 times in a month put 7 hours on it already. Now its not breaking the 70's anymore so its sitting in the yard watching the kids play!
Old 12-09-2013, 10:11 AM
Registered

Welcome to the Nordic Navy! Why is she not breaking 70??
Old 12-09-2013, 08:16 PM
Registered

Its freeeezen cold in Utah. Skiing is getting better but its hard to keep the toes warm when it's 4 degrees + wind chill. Still have the 09 rage with the 525 up for sale, but not trying to hard to let it go. I hope it warms up down south so I can make an early trip to Havasu.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:18 PM
Registered

Are those black wheels or are they just covered with brake dust, because they don't look like hubcaps to me?
Old 12-10-2013, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Everyone, I haven't been on OSO for a while, just off the water since October, and working too much. The boat is running great, but I've broken 2 XRs this season, and I gotta tell you this stuff is starting to get old $$$.....
The most "excitement" we've had here in the last month is our storage yard where several of my friends and I keep our boats caught on fire a few weeks back. Fortunately, it didn't get to any of our boats, so we dodged that bullet.
Marry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!
Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.